CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   no cut sliders??? power commander on stock..?? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/no-cut-sliders-power-commander-stock-110363/)

qsmith90 05-10-2010 01:20 AM

no cut sliders??? power commander on stock..??

4 Attachment(s)
Okay so this is the F4i i decided to go with, 2001 almost 18,000 miles. great shape, cct replaced, led kit, intergrated tail, pc3 usb, double bubble, battery tender, new chain & sprockets, new K&N filter... and NO CUT SLIDERS?> okay what is the fear of having the no cut sliders??? they look very nice and not sure if i want to sell and replace with cut sliders. and what benifit of pc3 on stock exhaust but k&n intake.

vangill 05-10-2010 08:49 AM

instead of sliding no cuts bend and puncture the things behind them, good luck selling them, i dont think there are many who would buy used no cuts, especialy here. but i would de replace them with cuts or at least take them off. a pc3 is for improved throttle response and a more efficeint air/fuel ratio it will help with any mods or no mods on the bike, but it will not turn your bike into some motogp racebike
bike looks nice tho

JEFF4i99 05-10-2010 12:03 PM

Looks great. The main benefit of cut sliders is that they utilize some of the strongest points/bolts on the frame, to save it when you crash. No cuts can work well too, not sure on the F4i, but general principle is that cuts will be able to do/save more.

Sick97SS 05-10-2010 03:38 PM

Nice looking bike.

No-Cuts will ruin your life.

There. i hope i scared you. but it's true. now throw them away and get some proper cut sliders. which look much better anyways because you see much less of the slider.

DBEAU 05-10-2010 03:49 PM

That bike looks fantastic! Just don't crash, that way you don't need frame sliders and you don't have to cut up those beautiful fairings!

Sick97SS 05-10-2010 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by DBEAU (Post 919120)
That bike looks fantastic! Just don't crash, that way you don't need frame sliders and you don't have to cut up those beautiful fairings!

I know they're pretty lookin. but WHEN not IF you (or he) goes down, those pretty fairings are going to look far worse without proper sliders.

They are proven to protect fairings, hand levers, mirrors and casings far better than no-cuts or no sliders at all.

Gotpepsi 05-10-2010 04:11 PM

Im pretty sure with cut on no cut sliders during a 30mph crash or whatever those plastics are still going to get damanged, but not as damage as having no sliders at all.. If you happen to drop the bike at a stand still the sliders will save those fairings. I have cut sliders and they protected my bike during a drop no damange at all. Also you need an exhaust to completment your bike even more!

Aken 05-10-2010 06:01 PM

Fairings WILL BE DAMAGED in the event of a fall, even if you have frame sliders. The right side of my bike is proof enough of that statement. So please don't fall for the common assumption that frame sliders will make everything perfect in a fall.

manny04 05-10-2010 09:35 PM

well to add on to what aken said, he's sorta right about the fairings not being protected 100%, same thing happen to me when i crashed my bike going 45, but if it werent for the frame sliders the fairing would of been beyond repairable.

qsmith90 05-11-2010 04:08 AM

Thank you all. I didnt think i was going to get any response on here. The bike has had a tip over on stand still. I think i Will just get the cut sliders tho... idk these are sexy.!. ughh and yess the exhaust is next.. Im ballin on a budget and i am thinking about a GP carbon can from dan moto, or a delkivic slip on. I just dont want much noise though in a way i dont care,, and not to hyped about the cost of moto parts $$ anyway. What exhaust are recomended for around $150 even if its used just no rashes at all. I would rather have a generic muffler tht is so CHINY!! than a drill bit hanging on the side of me f4rri! thank you.