F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

01 CBR 600 F4I primes but will not turn over when hot.

Old 09-14-2013, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 01 CBR 600 F4I primes but will not turn over when hot.

have been having trouble figuring this **** out. the bike starts perfect everytime when cold, but after driven for a while 5 to 10 miles, if shut off it needs to be tilted to the side to start. if you try to start standing up of leaning on kick stand it will not turn over but as i lean it to the left itll fire right up. the longer i ride it the more i have to tip it to where it wont even start laying on the stunt bars. it jumps starts fine no matter what but will not turn over. it smells and sounds like its running rich??? idk im clueless any input would help.

Old 09-14-2013, 07:42 PM

starts cold because no fuel is in there yet.
too much fuel wetting the plugs? tip over to move the fuel as to uncover the sparkplugs so there can be a spark?
dont listen to me because i actually have no idea what im talking about

Old 09-14-2013, 10:14 PM

i think your right but im not sure what all could be causing leaking gass and another wierd thing if its been runnning and i have it in nuetral if i put the kick stand down it shuts off as iff the bike was in first gear??

Old 09-14-2013, 10:16 PM

did my one reply show up here yet?

Old 09-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by stuntbikehavingproblems
did my one reply show up here yet?
Yes it did! New members are moderated for a number of posts before gaining full privileges. So, moderators vet your posts then approve (or not ).

If you haven't read the forum rules yet, I suggest you do.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-membe...members-83568/

https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-membe...A%2A%2A-52156/

Patience grasshopper. Keep posting and you'll be a full member in no time.

Cheers, SB

Old 09-15-2013, 10:06 AM

thanks i will read them, hopefully someone will have an idea whats making it get too much fuel i just want to avoid putting ten new parts that could be doing it when really its a couple that usually go out. just have done that one a few honda accords already in the past. thanks for the advice

Old 09-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About the kickstand, check your neutral switch, connector is a single wire that plugs into the left side of the transmission above the kickstand and behind the water pump.

About the possible fuel problem, check your fuel pressure regulator first (common f4i problem). Pull the vacuum line off of it while the bike is running and see if fuel trickles out. If you have a vacuum pump, apply a vacuum to it and release with it running then remove the vacuum line and see if there is fuel leaking from the vacuum port on the regulator.

Because you have to lean the bike it sounds like you might actually have a leaking injector and are clearing the cylinder of fuel by tipping the bike, or there is an electrical issue related to the tip sensor.

The bank angle sensor aka tip sensor is in the nose and could be hanging on by one bolt? It is in the center of the nose above the headlights.

Don't put this past a poor connection to the battery, or INSIDE the battery meaning you have low voltage while cranking and it just isn't enough to start the bike but it will crank. Bike batteries take a beating.

Old 07-14-2018, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by stuntbikehavingproblems
have been having trouble figuring this **** out. the bike starts perfect everytime when cold, but after driven for a while 5 to 10 miles, if shut off it needs to be tilted to the side to start. if you try to start standing up of leaning on kick stand it will not turn over but as i lean it to the left itll fire right up. the longer i ride it the more i have to tip it to where it wont even start laying on the stunt bars. it jumps starts fine no matter what but will not turn over. it smells and sounds like its running rich??? idk im clueless any input would help.
Bro mine is doing same thing to the tee.. It gets hot i got to let it cool down sometimes.. I press the start button nothing my netrul light gos off but if i lean it on kick stand it fires up.. What was your problem..

Old 07-14-2018, 12:14 PM
Welcome crew
Received 209 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Sbmike55
Bro mine is doing same thing to the tee.. It gets hot i got to let it cool down sometimes.. I press the start button nothing my netrul light gos off but if i lean it on kick stand it fires up.. What was your problem..
I'm all for "dead thread" revival but I doubt you are going to get a response on one that is 5 years old! I'd say check the items that were posted right above your post...