CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   NITROUS IN CBR F4i?? DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/nitrous-cbr-f4i-does-anyone-have-experience-132208/)

STIKILLERF4I 11-08-2011 12:33 PM

NITROUS IN CBR F4i?? DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE?

Im going to start going to the track alot with my 2005 f4i. If i like it im going to swap the stock clutch with an EBC srk57, get a valve adjustment, and get myself a powercommanderr since my bike is untuned as it stands. Once i get the basics down im looking to get a few more ponies out of her by adding nitrous (turboing is too comnplicated and expensive). however i wanna do the nitrous safely to the point where i can enjoy my bike as a daily driver and as a fun weekend track 600. not tryina win any nhra comps, just want to safely spray my bike. and tips or suggestions? (please none of the 'get a bigger bike posts',)

nickp123 11-08-2011 04:00 PM

ive seen a handful of sprayed f3's and such on here, i dont really think ive seen any sprayed f4i's for some reason. Probably because people use the f3s and older bikes more as drag bikes and the f4i/rr's for road/circuit whatever you want to call it trackdays. Maybe post this in that section or in the general tech. Im sure the f4i could easily handle a 10-15 shot all day. Just gotta make sure you have a map made for the nitrous that you can use when youre at the track.

boredandstroked 11-08-2011 11:32 PM

Trackdays and nitrous do not belong in the same sentence. 1/4mile drag and nitrous do.

nickp123 11-08-2011 11:55 PM

Yeah thats what he meant if you notice the nhra reference at the end. I refer to going to the dragstrip as going to the track too. When i go to talk about it on here i still start typing it out as the track then have to backspace and rephrase to clarify what i mean by track.

Bobthebiker 11-09-2011 10:39 AM

if you're going to go the nitrous route, have a REPUTABLE tuner do the install and tuning on yourbike. otherwise, BAD things WILL happen. not can, or could, WILL.

I dont like the crap, but its your bike, people who mod their bikes like this keep ME in business.

Kuroshio 11-09-2011 10:46 AM

Got rid of the extra discussion.

I generally don't understand why the hell anyone would want to make our bikes faster but a legit question for a reasonable situation is to be answer if you can or ignored if you can't. Never flamed.

It's his bike

Sick97SS 11-09-2011 11:52 AM

I for one would like to cuss at CBRforum to better get my point across lol.
Freedom of speech right? Wrong. Freedom of Speech within the forum rules, which flaming is not. - Kuroshio
anyways..

To the OP:
If you eventually wind up juicing your F4i, atleast take plenty of pix and post them because there is definitely a shortage of "F4i NOS" build threads (for good reason).

IMO the $500 you're gonna drop in a nos system can be used on countless more practical upgrades to your "daily rider" f4i.

ps welcome to the forum!

Kuroshio 11-10-2011 08:29 AM

The CBRForum excourages the free expression of personal opinion, discussion, and civil debate in a manner which maintains respect for fellow members. Rudeness, insults or personal attacks will not be tolerated. Members may not flame, harass, taunt, or be otherwise abusive or disrespectful of ANYONE, whether on the public forums or through private messaging or chat. Habitual violations or failure to observe any CBRForum staff instruction in this regard is cause for the revocation of member account privileges.

The rules are not a topic of discussion. Flaming isn't tolerated, period. If either continues, we'll have to move beyond post deletions and restating the rules :(

Bobthebiker 11-10-2011 08:58 AM

wheres the fun in that?

but seriously, its the OP's choice, not ours. I personally dislike modifying motors, obviously the person asking doesnt mind, we may as well try and HELP rather than say blah blah blah this is stupid bla bla bla.

properly tuned and set up though, nitrous should work alright I suppose. emphasis though on PROPERLY tuned, as I stated previously, for the previous reasons.

kazspeed 11-10-2011 09:03 AM

so I post "get a busa" and the reply is deleted??? seriously?