F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Night time + giant patch of pea gravel = sad :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 01:25 PM
July 2008 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by terror rising
Just wondering Aken, you say you have some paint left over but was the entire bike painted the same white before? Your side fairings do not appear to be the same color as the rest of your bike.

Sorry for the misfortune, but it'll buff out.
Are you talking about under the white paint? The bike was originally black and yellow, and was primered and painted white last year. My buddy sprayed the upper more thinly than the rest, which is why it doesn't match exactly (more of the black base can be seen through), if that's what you mean. The rest of the bike matches great. But yeah, everything was sprayed at the same time so all the white paint is a match.

My friend has improved his painting skills since the last time, so when the time comes to spruce my baby back up, it'll be better quality all around.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:45 PM

In the first picture you posted there is a discernable difference in the color of your side fairing compared to your front fairing (side looks cream colored, the rest looks white). I was trying to figure out if it was A) all prepped the same, B) all sprayed at the same time, C) all painted the same # of coats. You gave me that answer.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by some guy #2
sliders do not save paint, they save your frame and engine. the railz do not allow you to lean the bike over as far and are for stunting.
I don't know what rails you are using? I will go riding with ya and show you i can get in a corner just as low as you can with out hitting mine.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:46 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Rails are much more forgiving than cages when it comes to ground clearance. However they still get in the way of your knees and shins on most occasions. I wouldn't get them for a street bike unless it doubles as an occasional stunter.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yog182
I strongly disagree.. When i went down with mine (similar situation) My paint was saved.. usually sliders break off or twist the bike around imo
only sliders that do that are cheap ones or ones not made out of derlin. His slider did just as it was designed to do. SAVE the FRAME!!! Cages n rails were made for similar situations and those associated with stunting in parking lots. Stunting out on highways etc at high speed, they dont make anything for that :lol:

Old 06-03-2009, 01:53 AM
Sprocket Hauler and Savior

Sorry for your incident. The white lines up here in the northwest got me about a month ago and i am trying to post up the photos of mine with out the sliders. Its not to bad but your is way less then mine. LOL

Glad to here your ok and not see your where i work in the ER.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:46 PM

Glad to hear you are alright, man, and glad to see the sliders did their job.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:27 AM

Glad to hear your ok, Aken. Gravel are bikes worst enemy, I found that out 3 years ago. My bike has some rashes, but I got the worst of the damage with a permanant rod in my leg. But all is good, and still popping gears.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Sh*t really can happen anytime, anywhere, can't it?

Old 06-12-2009, 01:24 AM

Aken, dont ditch the bootleg exhaust. Simply unbolt the can, chop it a bit, and bolt it back in. You may be able to unbolt the metal part at the bottom, not sure though as I haven't taken mine apart. Also, can you PM me some info on your rotors (where you got them, cost, opinion, etc). Thanks!

Quick Reply: Night time + giant patch of pea gravel = sad :(