F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Night time + giant patch of pea gravel = sad :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ah ****...sorry to hear Aken, dam i know your pain....

Old 06-01-2009, 01:36 PM

Glad to see it was a minor crash. The gravel on the curves is right up there with deer as my biggest problem with Wi roads.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:49 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Originally Posted by purpleslug
o would say go with some steel frame sliders so you dont have a chance of them braking off or wearing down like yours did
They're designed to wear off like that - they performed exactly as they should have and did a great job.

Hangfire, you're right, I'm glad it was a minor incident. I've seen a lot worse, and really don't want to be a statistic.

The bike will stay white, mainly because I still have some paint leftover from the first time, so it'll be cheaper to do that. And I love my white. I'm not sure how easy it is to "touch up" sections of a fairing (especially with mine since there's flake in the clear coat), so I'll probably end up repainting all the fairings (tank is fine).

Old 06-01-2009, 02:24 PM

Hey Aken I feel your pain man. I went down 2 weeks ago, but good thing my bike is painted flat black which means I can do it myself and cheaper. My brake lever bent as well I tried to put it back but I guess I went to far and broke it so be careful when you do this, don't try to put it to straight.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
that slider did its job n did it well actually lol. rail aint worth a shyt except for stunting!!!
I strongly disagree.. When i went down with mine (similar situation) My paint was saved.. usually sliders break off or twist the bike around imo

Old 06-02-2009, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by purpleslug
o would say go with some steel frame sliders so you dont have a chance of them braking off or wearing down like yours did
The steel ones tend to dig in which could make your bike roll or flip resulting in more damage.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:09 AM

The purpose of the slider is to grind down as the bike comes to a stop. Do not buy anything other than a frame mounted derlin (base vs no base is another story). The slider in this story did exactly what is was bought to do.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:12 AM

"I strongly disagree.. When i went down with mine (similar situation) My paint was saved.. usually sliders break off or twist the bike around imo"

sliders do not save paint, they save your frame and engine. the railz do not allow you to lean the bike over as far and are for stunting.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:00 AM

Just wondering Aken, you say you have some paint left over but was the entire bike painted the same white before? Your side fairings do not appear to be the same color as the rest of your bike.

Sorry for the misfortune, but it'll buff out.

Quick Reply: Night time + giant patch of pea gravel = sad :(