F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Night time + giant patch of pea gravel = sad :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 10:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, that sucks. How much damage did your gear and body take?

Old 05-31-2009, 11:23 PM

Awe Besides the transformers one this is my favorite f4i here. Looks like the slider done good though. And yes I said Is not was because I'm sure it will be back.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks bro, I'd be so pissed off. But you'll get it back to it's pristine state; it's not too bad.
Glad you're OK though

Old 06-01-2009, 12:22 AM

sorry to hear bro.

what i would give for my damage to be as minor as yours . . .oh wait, it would have been had i only installed my danm sliders....

Old 06-01-2009, 12:22 AM
July 2008 ROTM

Thanks for the kind words all

The frame slider definitely did its job nicely. There was no mechanical damage, just picked it up and started right away. I'll need to get a new mirror and bend my brake pedal out a little for it to be back to normal riding condition. I'll also replace the slider puck relatively soon. It will take a while to get it repainted as funds are tight - I still have some leftover paint but the other materials will cost some, plus a little for my buddy who will do the actual painting. I'm hoping to get it done in the next couple months.

PlayfulGod pretty much said it when it comes to rails - they're WAY bigger and stick out much farther. In my case, I probably would've gotten way more damage to the front fairing and maybe even the tank had I been rocking rails. I'm happy with my sliders.

My body took pretty much no damage, maybe a small bruise on my hip at worst. My jacket has a tiny rash mark near the very bottom, and my pants were dirty but looked normal. I also checked my helmet and gloves and found no new marks. Very minimal crash really.

skooby: I would like to replace the pipe, but they're hard to find to begin with since the guy isn't making them anymore. Plus I don't have the money for it now anyway. If you do have a right mirror in good condition I will take that off your hands

And DaveO, I'm in the Milwaukee area.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:39 AM

Glad to hear your body and gear are ok. Good thing you don't have to worry about buying new gear and hospital bills.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:45 AM
July 2008 ROTM

Yes definitely. Although a small part of me wishes that it would've been a somewhat interesting crash, instead of a completely normal non-shenanigan middle of the road trip to the pavement. No fun story, no concerned friends, just a rashed up bike and a pissed off Aken, lol.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:38 AM

o would say go with some steel frame sliders so you dont have a chance of them braking off or wearing down like yours did

Old 06-01-2009, 10:14 AM

sucks dude, i know you live for that bike. glad you're OK and still posting with us here. the bike will be fine - like you said, picked it right up and rode away - she's got no hard feelings!

Old 06-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Aww, man So sorry to hear that.

Quick Reply: Night time + giant patch of pea gravel = sad :(