F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

newbie here!!!just a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie here!!!just a few questions

whats up guys!!well im new to this forum and to riding all together so heres my story.

I have rode dirtbikes all my life and lately ive been wanting a streetbike so on craigslist I found this 2002 cbr f4i with 24,000 on the clock it has a full crash kage, no fairings or front oem headlight(has some random round headlight)has 12 oclock bar,yoshi full exhaust and thats about it .Oh yeah almost forgot the bike had recipts for new piston,rings and rods from oct 09. So the guy is asking $2800 for it and all I had to give is my 2003 Z400 pretty nice alot of mods but anyway so i call him up tell him bout my bike and he told me bout his.We decide to meet up and take a look at each others bike ,well I found out that the fan didnt come on at 220 degrees and had me a little worried looked it up on ebay and found one for 30 bucks.I didnt tell him that I found one for that cheap and I acted like I wasnt going to make the trade...so we both thought it over and made the trade.

So now its been a few days of riding and i love this bike .I was a little worried about why he would have traded for a four wheeler when he could have made more money just flat out selling the bike.My z400 was only worth about 1800 to 2000 if i sold it when this bike seems like you could make a little more money than that.

so here are a few questions that maybe you guys can help me out

Is 24000 alot of miles for this bike,is it like having a car with more or less than 100,000 miles??

it has a stunter sprocket(dont know the teeht # yet but is about twice the size of my buddies on his gsxr)will count tonite and update,but what is stock sprocket settings??

im going to change the oil this weekend ,im going to go to a honda dealer and see what the factory recommends

I want to do a tune up ,plugs,wires,oil,clean filter and what ever you guys recommend .

Ill be posting pics at the beginning of next week(can only use work cpu)

luckly I know some people at the inspection place to pass the bike cuz it has no blinkers,mirrors

thanks for looking and for any helps guys

Old 04-29-2010, 01:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off. Welcome.

Second. Use the search button.

As for the condition of the bike, it's going to cost a lot to buy the plastics, headlight, mirrors (if you want them) and all the proper wiring I'm sure was ripped out. Plus, to take it back to stock, you're going to have to buy new sprockets.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

eeek.

Going from a stunter to stock is a challenge. And usually means the stunter had the hell beat out of it. New pistons at 24000 miles!? thats sounds bad, especially because F4i are some of the toughest bikes out there, why would you need new pistons so soon?

As for the fan usually stunters will put a manual fan swith on because they play in parking lots all day without a ton of airflow over the radiator. So they need a manual switch to the bike doesnt cook itself to death. As so why it's not comming on when it should...who knows. trick bikes are usually so customized it can be tricky to find what they were doing with wires and such.

Sounds good if you're a stunter.
Not so good for a reliable daily rider.

ps $2800 sounds way to high.

Last edited by Sick97SS; 04-29-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:49 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by crashking
so here are a few questions that maybe you guys can help me out

Is 24000 alot of miles for this bike,is it like having a car with more or less than 100,000 miles??

it has a stunter sprocket(dont know the teeht # yet but is about twice the size of my buddies on his gsxr)will count tonite and update,but what is stock sprocket settings??

im going to change the oil this weekend ,im going to go to a honda dealer and see what the factory recommends

I want to do a tune up ,plugs,wires,oil,clean filter and what ever you guys recommend .

Ill be posting pics at the beginning of next week(can only use work cpu)

luckly I know some people at the inspection place to pass the bike cuz it has no blinkers,mirrors

thanks for looking and for any helps guys
thats not alot of miles no but stunt bikes are usually beat to #$%&

as for ur sprocket just find a stock set up on ebay... gear sprocket and chain....

ebay will be your friend while your workin on this bike... pretty much the best prices around...

Old 04-29-2010, 06:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys, remember the mileage is off cause of that sprocket.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:34 PM

My f4i has 32k on it, and runs great. Auctmarts for fairings, some have used Delkevic but I have not... I can recommend Auctmarts though. You got a lot of work to do, shoulda bought this at the end of summer and worked on it over winter lol

Old 04-30-2010, 08:43 AM

thanks for all the help and opionis guys.

This bike has a 56 tooth rear sprocket by the way i believe i read on here that the stock is 46 so ill be ordering one of those soon.The bike rides ands shifts just fine ive put a couple of hundred miles on it and seems good . And for some reason I dont think this guy was a true STUNTER b.c the tanks not smashed,and the bike really dont have a whole lot of scratches on it but for sure has been laid down,the 12ocolck bar and the crash bar arent even scratched hardly so???And all of the oringinal wiring is there from what ive been told ,really i kinda like the without the fairing look to it kinda matches my style.The guy I traded for it told me it was his friends bike and his buddy hurt him self and couldnt ride any more so he sold it to the guy I got it from,the guy i got it from said that his buddy was a trust fund baby and put alot of money in it so that supposeddly why he did the piston and rings as"routine maintenace"So IDK really the situation but like I told my wife only time will tell if I got a good deal or not but for what I traded right now I feel like I did get a good deal since I didnt give any cash and traded my four wheeler

will be taking pics this weekend and be posting next monday so stay tuned

Old 04-30-2010, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by m3ds
My f4i has 32k on it, and runs great. Auctmarts for fairings, some have used Delkevic but I have not... I can recommend Auctmarts though. You got a lot of work to do, shoulda bought this at the end of summer and worked on it over winter lol
+1 on auctmarts, good service good quality.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:18 PM

I'll take the cage and whatever parts you take off just let me know what you want for them.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by fiddy_nutz
I'll take the cage and whatever parts you take off just let me know what you want for them.
ok, im not sure if i want them or not but ill posts some pics monday

Quick Reply: newbie here!!!just a few questions