F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

NEW Ride Video...Please click and critique

Old 10-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Ride Video...Please click and critique

Please watch the vid and reply with your opinion.
Try not to be too harsh :>

https://cbrforum.com/m_400120/mpage_.../tm.htm#400120

Thanks
PB[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 10-02-2007, 11:31 PM
Default RE: NEW Ride Video...Please click and critique

dude. you need to work on your lines. I'm not like, a professional expert guru and i don't profess to be anywhere close but you're all over the lane and hanging over the white and yellow lines... not a good idea. try to keep the same line through the turns and try to stay a little outside on left hand turns so you're not hanging over into the other lane. lead with your shoulders and get yoru face closer to the mirrors. keep your body position consistant. I focus more weight on the inside peg up to the apex in neutral throttle, then gas it coming out and shift my weight to the other peg. Keep your toes on the pegs too. i dunno. looks like you were bored man you should get a faster camera man. ride safe.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:49 PM

how did you get your camera to stay on your bike, i have been wanting to do that but dont wanna break my camera, sweet videos but you need some music instead of your engine

Old 10-02-2007, 11:52 PM

ducktape!!

Old 10-02-2007, 11:58 PM

any good spots to mount it??

Old 10-03-2007, 01:33 AM

yea i would definitely work on your lane position. as one spot i saw you cross the double yellow and then i car went by about 5 seconds after. you should never cross that double yellow!

Last edited by axsys; 12-18-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:30 PM

yeah double yellow is a no no... be careful about that. the popos give fatty tickets for that if spotted. i myself have been riding for about a year now and i too have some problems. sometimes i think it's the bike in terms of holding your lines. after coming out of the msf course, i purchased my bike but was riding my bro's gsxr600 for a while and you could tell the difference in terms of control of the bike. i believe it has a damper that our f4i's dont. some people think it's rider's position or experience but i think it's the damper. i hold my lines really good on my bro's bike. sux that our bikes come all naked without those kinds of parts... but stick to the fundamentals that they teach you in msf and you should be fine, that's if you took the course. if you haven't i highly recommend that you do, besides it also saves you on insurance

Old 10-03-2007, 04:37 PM

yeah man. work on the "smoothness" of those lines. I don't know how many times you've ridden that road, but you should be able to enter and exit your turns without changing lines.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:24 PM

I appreciate the hint regarding keeping a smooth line through the turn. and keeping away from the dy.
There is one particular right sweeper after we turn right at the intersection...I hit a pretty good rut in the pavement, and the video only shows the bike going way-wide. It is easier to see the effect from the tank-cam video.

Thoughts? should I be able to keep that one on line, or was my drift justifiable?

Old 10-03-2007, 08:34 PM

actually, you should have been drifting through that turn like in fast and the furious #3. duh! yea sometimes you have to modify your line a bit because of the pavement being crowned or irregularities from drive-ways or tar etc. make sure you know the road first before you apply the standard one-size-fits-all advice.

oodayvidoo has a point about the steering damper. I notice a huge difference too between how easy it is to be stable with a line. I can hack it but It seems to require a more refined input than my '05 GSXR750. I also have to pay more attention to RPMs and the power band through the turn vs how much gas I have to give it coming out. I notice less stability at high speed like 100+ mph too. Kinda killed my confidence going from that bike to an F4i. I seem to be able to hold more speed through corners though on my F4i for some reason but maybe that's just because i've become a better rider as a hole.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NEW Ride Video...Please click and critique