CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   New member here, fabbed up some stuff for my '02 F4i check it out (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/new-member-here-fabbed-up-some-stuff-my-02-f4i-check-out-104798/)

xDucttapekinGx 01-13-2010 08:46 AM

New member here, fabbed up some stuff for my '02 F4i check it out

3 Attachment(s)
Hey guys,

I recently picked my self up an F4i that was totaled, as in pretty much nothing left, for almost $0. Guy was a stunter, tried to clear a bridge and missed... long story short I have been scowering junk yards to build this bike for about 6 months now, and am almost finished.

I thought I would share my windscreen with your guys, being a college student, I'm near broke, so I couldn't afford a new screen. I ended up making one out of a dust pan and cardboard. :icon_teeth: Real redneck crap. Anyways here it is. Can't find my camera or I'd post other parts of the bike as well.

Attachment 58883
Attachment 58884
Attachment 58885

Jmclmorrow 01-13-2010 09:01 AM

...creative... I don't really know what else to say, im pretty sure it cant get inspected like that, you cant afford even a cheap windscreen from ebay?

for example heres one for 6$ brand new:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Winds...Q5fAccessories

xDucttapekinGx 01-13-2010 09:42 AM

I know it's not really practical at all, but i've been running around without one for a while now and wanted something to put in that space.

It's temporary till I can get a new one, that's a good deal, but $20 for shipping is where they make there money, I hate ebay lol.

There's a shop here, Indysuperbikes or something, they have those PUIG <Spelling? windscreens for $50. I'll pick one of those up come next paycheck.

Anyone no if slapping a dual exhaust (Just T-ing off the stock headers) on an f4i will hurt anything? found a pair of Yoshi's off of a 2008 ZX-14 for under $200, it's too good a deal to pass up.

yog182 01-13-2010 10:55 AM

Why wouldn't it past inspection? you don't need a windscreen for a bike to be inspected.. at least where i come from!

Jmclmorrow 01-13-2010 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by yog182 (Post 873423)
Why wouldn't it past inspection? you don't need a windscreen for a bike to be inspected.. at least where i come from!

oh really? I thought you needed one, hmm im curious now haha

Wazmo 01-13-2010 11:09 AM

Why would you need a windscreen? If you go get a Monster inspected the won't tell you to go buy an aftermarket screen. Plus it looks like his electronics are covered, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even notice.

gotcbr 01-13-2010 11:35 AM

Welcome to the board.

+1 on windscreen not being needed. Think about it...most cruisers don't have windscreens.

Necessity is the mother of invention...nothing wrong w/ that. However, as recommended, get yourself an inexpensive windscreen. You'll be glad you did.

Good luck.

silverstonef4i 01-13-2010 11:45 AM

assuming your talking about the shop in fishers means you live there and indiana doesn't care about inspections for anything but yea you can get windscreens pretty cheap..i think mine was 40 from motobrackets... its cheap and spider cracked almost instantly but my upper fairing stay is tweaked so cant blame the screen 100%

xDucttapekinGx 01-13-2010 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by silverstonef4i (Post 873449)
assuming your talking about the shop in fishers means you live there and indiana doesn't care about inspections for anything but yea you can get windscreens pretty cheap..i think mine was 40 from motobrackets... its cheap and spider cracked almost instantly but my upper fairing stay is tweaked so cant blame the screen 100%

Good to know, yea I live in Indianapolis. Havn't stopped by that superbikes place, have no idea if it's online only or what, they never return my emails.:icon_shrug:

Bently600 01-13-2010 02:12 PM

Why would you want to add a second exhaust? it would just be added weight. You could buy both the ZX14 cans and just putting one on and sell the second. make sure the diameter of midpipe is the same though or you will be fabricating something to join them.

I like the dustpan screen :) take some better pics though... and pics of the rest of the bike... any more redneck solutions?