F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New member bike photo...and questions

Old 06-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member bike photo...and questions

Here's a pic of my 600 f4i. This is how I bought it from my buddy. I just started riding in Sept. of last year and now that I am comfortable, its time to start modding. I am waiting on my undertail and flush mounts to come in.

I do have some questions for everyone out there....

* I was thinking about getting rim stripes, but I am also considering powdercoating. I think I like the black but want to do red accents whether it be the spokes or the base....any opinions?

* How complicated is it to take off things to powdercoat??I have done a lot of car work, but am so new to bikes,I am sort of hesitant (anyone in Chicago willing to help me wrench a bit??)

* More generally, I am looking to make the bike 'unique' as many I have seen on this board has. I am not an aggressive rider yet (other than highway driving) so I just want a unique looking bike. Any suggestions as to how to make the bike standout?? I plan on doing the peg signals, the undertail, flushmounts..maybe some vinyl....a bunch of powdercoating I think....anything you guys would suggest to a REAL new biker??

Thanks in advance,

Tony

Old 06-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Default RE: New member bike photo...and questions

theres so many things you can do just get on ebay searah f4i and see what catches your eye

Old 06-03-2007, 08:21 PM

Flushmounts and undertail are just doing what everyone else does- not very unique.

I ride alone- but I'd be willing to meet up and chat about our bikes with ya. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 06-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Registered Users

i know that is what most everyone else does, but it's just a starting point. just because people do things doesn't mean i shouldn't.....

i like the look of the undertail and i hate the signal arms so i am getting the flush mounts....i am not saying that doing that is unique....i am asking what can do beyond that....sorry if you misunderstood...

i have done a lot of searching and it's pretty overwhelming...

does anyone know of a powdercoater in the Chicago land area, i looked and didn't find anyone really around me...(downtown Chicago)...

Old 06-04-2007, 12:11 AM

well for powder coating, you might wanna try TRGcoating.com, as they are a sponsor of this site and do pretty good work for a good price. as far as being unique, thats probably one area will you will have to be creative. even though many people replace a lot of the same parts with aftermarket ones (undertail, blinkers, exhaust, windscreen, etc..), the combination of the different options that you choose will make your bike unique. i would maybe start out with a slip-on (or full system if you have the cash) as this will not only make your bike look better, but sound better and add slightly to performance.
________
HERBALAIRE 2.1 VAPORIZER

Last edited by axsys; 05-04-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:35 AM

my rims are powdercoated black... and I recently add red rim stripes. I'll try post up a pic of it on the bike... but here's the rims after I got it back.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ffingers
just because people do things doesn't mean i shouldn't.....
Absolutely true, if you like it then by all means it's a valid upgrade.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Registered Users

ORIGINAL: ddaren

my rims are powdercoated black... and I recently add red rim stripes. I'll try post up a pic of it on the bike... but here's the rims after I got it back.
did you do them through tgr?? if so, how much was it to have them painted and how much was it to ship them?? I live in chicago (i think i have already mentioned that....ha)

I guess a bigger question is how hard is it to take the wheels off a bike and then the tires off the wheels, having never worked on a bike mechanically before, could i do it?

Old 06-04-2007, 09:13 PM

Taking the wheels off is pretty easy from what I've seen so far. Just a few bolts then hang the chain and caliper somewhere so it's not just draping down. My opinion is get the powder coating if you can afford it. I know every once in a while I've seen TRG have a sale like $80 a wheel or something I think? Look at the botom of the forum here there is actually a whole section for them. When I can finally afford it I'm having them do my wheels blue. I wouldn't do only a part of the rim in red I would do the whole thing, just doing part would look kind of dumb in my opinion. /shrug

If you don't have the money to get them powder coated I say get some red rim stripes. I bought them for like $10 just to tie me over until I'm rich and famous.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:57 AM

be careful with the undertails,

I have a hotbodies and it blows.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New member bike photo...and questions