F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

new member!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new member!

wassup guys. I've been sneakin around this forum for the past couple of months cause I'm looking to get an f4i. I was bored so I thought I'd make an account on here, figured it wouldn't hurt. So here's the deal, I just sold my 95 Ninja 500 on Memorial Day, and I've been lookin at my cousin-in-law's boyfriend's f4i that he's had sitting in his garage. He says it's a 2003, but in the pictures it has a banana seat and it's the grey/silver color scheme (my favorite f4i color scheme). correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought the banana seat started in 2004 and the grey/silver color was in 2005? either way, as far as I know, it's got 4k miles on it, frame sliders, and a yoshi trs slip-on. he told me he's the second owner. the two things that worry me is that he said he dropped it...but only at 4mph and that the damage is minor. and that he never put stabil in the tank and the last time he rode it was last summer. I haven't been able to check it out yet, but what other things should I look out for when I do? I highly doubt he beat on the bike because he never rides it, and he said the reason why he had to buy it was cause he dropped it. also, I know I have to empty the tank, but what other things should I look at should it not start. I know the fpr and cct are usually the problems on these bikes. should I worry about changing the plugs at such low mileage? thanks - boogz

Last edited by boogieboogz; 06-14-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

well if all you're gonna do is sneak around and then join because you're bored...
</hassle>

yes, the banana seat started in '04, and yes the '05 model had a grey/silver combo. sounds like either a ridiculous sale price and/or a through inspection is in order.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

01-03 split seat. 04-06 Nanner seat. Not sure on the colors. Check the VIN# on the left hand side of the frame it should have the year clearly written below it.

Plugs should be fine it the mileage is correct. You can try adding some fresh fuel but it's only been a year i wouldn't think you should have any problems anyways.

Just check over everything, tires in good shape? oil in good shape? Is the battery still good? DOES IT START?

If you can get if for $3500 that would be a great deal.

And holy **** use paragraphs next time.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:03 PM

hahaha I was thinkin about paragraphs. I'm a fckin mechanic, and I think my grammar is good enough. now, in person, is a whole diff story.

New paragraph. haha. he said he's had the battery on a trickle charger ever since, so it should start right up. the tires should be good since it only has 4k miles on it, and the oil/coolant/brake fluid I'm gonna change regardless. I'll let yall know how it is when I check it out this saturday, hopefully.

oh and he had it up on craiglist for $3800 but I'm trying for $3. I think he'll go for it

Old 06-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That'd be a great deal, are they the stock Dunlop tires?

If they have been sitting (unmoved) for a year they'll have flat spots, so take it easy on that test ride.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:13 PM

any update? that would be a great buy at that price

Old 06-16-2010, 08:00 PM

Sick97SS said it all.....

Just use your common sense, and look the bike over.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:58 PM

I'm gonna check it out saturday after work. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:00 PM

^^Cool

Old 06-19-2010, 05:05 PM

just checked it out. it actually IS a 2005 with LESS THAN 3K miles on it. tires and brakes are almost new.

it'll come with a yoshi trs, rear tire hugger, tank pad, frame sliders, extended bar ends, rear stand, stock exhaust, all the paperwork AND all the tools.

has some scratches throughout the whole left side, but nothing serious and nothing that really bothers me.

all for $3500. def jumpin on it. I'm f*ckin sooooouuuuupppeddd!!!

Quick Reply: new member!