F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New to the Honda world... need your expert Advice!

Old 04-12-2005, 06:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New to the Honda world... need your expert Advice!

Hey all,
Just snagged my new 2003 CBR600F4i last week with only 700 miles on her. Changed the oil and she has about 1100 miles now. I would like advice on a few things. I was looking for a service manual but already downloaded it (thanks guys.) Does anyone know where to download the actual owner's manual?

Second, I'm looking to put a slick aftermarket pipe on her. I would definitely like to keep the stock can intact, but I'm open to suggestions. I'm looking for a nice, loud, but clean sound. Yosh, D&D, Advice? (If anyone had sound clips that would rock... but I know that's asking quite a bit.)

Third, Also looking for a recommendation for a power commander. I am new to this concept, for I have never installed on my previous bikes. Also if anyone has a power scheme setup for midwest altitude? Advice?

Fourth, K&N, right?

Fifth, I'll will definitely be using this bike for the, um... occasional?... yeah... wheelie, etc. Looking for sliders, or maybe a cage? 12 bar? Suggestions?

I'm looking to drop some cash and set this baby up. Thanks in advance for the help, guys (and probably gals.)

Old 04-12-2005, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to the Honda world... need your expert Advice!

where did you find your service manual?

Old 04-12-2005, 03:15 PM

Hello, I'm still kinda new to honda world myself but here is what I think.....

For exhaust I'd go with Leo Vince or Akrapovic. D&D is loud but can get anoying after a while.

Defently K&N air filter and if you'd like they have a nice oil filter too, that runs about $15 or so.

Crash cages are defenetly a good thing to have if you plan on bringing that front wheel up. I got mine for $51+$20 shipping off of eBay, so just look around.

Also make sure you have goo tires. I hate Dunlops. I curently run Metzler M1 Sprotech's, and I'd have to say they're awesome.

Good luck with everything, and ride safe, but have fun!

Old 04-13-2005, 10:41 PM

where did you get that service manual download from?
Stay away from the D&D unless you want everyone to know where your at what your doing.As for the power comander and K&N. Id suggest the K&N because you can re-use it forever but wouldnt do the power comander. From what Iv read its not worth the "bang for the buck".If you want to make it quicker then change up the sprokets. Drop a tooth in the front add some to the back and itll make it quicker. Just my opinion. Im sure people will dissagree with me but oh well. I looked into getting some performance stuff for mine but decided not to. Im just gonna buy a 1000 cc or bigger bike then mod it later down the road

Old 04-14-2005, 05:10 AM

Send me your e-mail address for the manual and I send it. Make sure your email can handle 115 Megabytes...

Old 04-14-2005, 05:25 AM

Actually for Service Manuals... check out... http://www.gofastvideo.com/gallery/a...s+manuals.html

for the F4i... http://xfer.gofastvideo.com/gallery/.../379/1/F4i.zip