F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum

Hello I'm new to this foum. I've been ridding for about ten years. I've been debating on what bike to get (since my 08 Gixxer 750 was stolen ) Anyways I've had everything including the 900RR (first bike), 07 Gixxer K, and an 07 600RR (just a few of the bikes I've had). However each had thier place but none were an all around bike to me. I like to scew around and ride wheelies. At the same time I commute to work and my girl loves to ride on the back. I thought about getting a Busa or VFR but I'm not ready for a sport tour. I was thinking the F4I is one of the best all around bikes out thier. No its not the fastest but it seems to be a great street bike. I'm looking for input on the following:

-What gearing and performance mods do you recomend?

-If I get the bannna seat model should I just get a cowl or swap it over to the old syle. If I do that what is required to be swapped?

-I'm not crazy about the old style forks, if I did the 954 conversion what all does that include?

Thanks in advance!

Oh yeah great site by the way. I'm glad you dont have to leave it after you register only to check your email then complete and come back!

Old 03-03-2009, 02:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as gearing, it all depends on your riding style. You like to ride wheelies, then go -1 up front and +2 or 3 in the rear,(I've seen up to 60, but I'm sure its only for stuntin) but your gonna lose top end speed.(and freeway performance)
For the seat... if you wanna do the "Banana Split" mod (just poped in my head), then you have to change out the whole tail sub frame, fairing, under tail ect.
Forks... not really sure I can help ya. search the "how to"s
Oh and welcome to the site

Old 03-03-2009, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by skoobydoobie
As far as gearing, it all depends on your riding style. You like to ride wheelies, then go -1 up front and +2 or 3 in the rear,(I've seen up to 60, but I'm sure its only for stuntin) but your gonna lose top end speed.(and freeway performance)
For the seat... if you wanna do the "Banana Split" mod (just poped in my head), then you have to change out the whole tail sub frame, fairing, under tail ect.
Forks... not really sure I can help ya. search the "how to"s
Oh and welcome to the site

Yeah I'm thinking -1+3, pipe, pc3 or bazaz, and TRE. Thanks again for all the input.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forums!!

Good luck finding a bike, you can't really go wrong with a decent F4i ...

I see you are in Kent, south of me ..I live up in Cheshire

Stay safe and enjoy the forums :-)

Jules

Old 03-03-2009, 12:08 PM

hi and welcome
well to respond to your f4i vs. vfr my second bike was a vfr and i enjoyed it very much nice smooth power all the time, fun with a passenger, still able to pull it up, and its not your grandpa bike. i rode it to the limits before crashing it a few years later. as for my current f4i much lighter, need to wind it up to have a little fun, not quite as comfromtable, ok with a passenger. honestly i love both of them im currently looking to get another vfr, but i would never get rid of my f4i she is my baby

Old 03-03-2009, 05:32 PM

yea i would def go with the -1/+2
it gives u plenty of low end pull, and obviously its not like missing that small amount of top end isnt going to hurt you at all, lol

i would go for the 01-03 because its already the split seat but there is at least one good write up on how to do the conversion, and im pretty sure there are more than that, if you do happen to get the 04+

as far as the 954 conversion u lost me there, i wasnt aware there were advantages to changing forks
is it a comfortability concern, or does it increase performance?

Old 03-03-2009, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by G3NESYS
yea i would def go with the -1/+2
it gives u plenty of low end pull, and obviously its not like missing that small amount of top end isnt going to hurt you at all, lol

i would go for the 01-03 because its already the split seat but there is at least one good write up on how to do the conversion, and im pretty sure there are more than that, if you do happen to get the 04+

as far as the 954 conversion u lost me there, i wasnt aware there were advantages to changing forks
is it a comfortability concern, or does it increase performance?
Some guys say it helps handling and stunters say its much better for stoppies.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:25 AM

The split seat doesn't come with a grab rail so if you plan to ride often with a pillion you might want to reconsider. Split seat looks sportier, banana is comfier.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:33 PM

Welcome to the forum, from your bikes you have had, you are an experienced rider. My best recommendation for you is to get the bike. Ride it and see what you like and dislike. And then make changes and mods to it. Who knows, you might like it just as it is.