CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   New Fairings & Tail Swap *Picture Heavy* (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/new-fairings-tail-swap-picture-heavy-130381/)

Cheever 09-02-2011 05:20 PM

New Fairings & Tail Swap *Picture Heavy*

5 Attachment(s)
Today the mailman brought me some gifts that I have been waiting for. I finally got my fairings from CBRfairings.com and I will be doing a full write up after I hear back from them about some damaged fairings. I will also be doing the dual seat tail swap, but probably not for another month.

I ordered my fairings on the 08/21/2011 and they actually arrived on 09/02/2011, but i missed the mailman and had to pick them up myself today.

I had them remove all the decals from the fairings except for the Honda logo on the bottom(going for a clean look). All the fairings came out great except for the one side fairing and the middle V piece. The side fairing has a chip on the side and the V piece is all scratched up. I just sent them an email and am looking forward to hearing back from them.

I plan on doing a full write up on the installation of the fairings, tail swap, and LED placement. I probably wont do the swap until the end of the riding season(maybe next month).

So far i give CBRfairings.com a 8/10

Cheever 09-02-2011 05:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
couple more pics

gtmotor 09-02-2011 11:40 PM

How is the quality? It looks like they were shipped from China... that's a super fast shipping time to the east coast if that's true.

jveach 09-03-2011 12:47 AM

what are your plans for the old fairings? I would love to buy your upper and lowers if you wanted to sale them :)

Cheever 09-03-2011 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by gtmotor (Post 1096459)
How is the quality? It looks like they were shipped from China... that's a super fast shipping time to the east coast if that's true.

I give the quality a 10/10, the plastics are pretty thick and look like they will hold up very well and the paint job looks really professional.

I was really impressed by the shipping time, they shipped the fairings on 08/29/2011 and they arrived 09/01/2011 and yes they were shipped from China due to the removal of all the decals.

Cheever 09-03-2011 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by jveach (Post 1096467)
what are your plans for the old fairings? I would love to buy your upper and lowers if you wanted to sale them :)

I do plan on selling the old fairings, if you're able to hold on till next month I'm sure we can work out a deal. I'm waiting till end of the riding season to do the swap.

The only problem with my old fairings are the holes for the frame sliders, the holes were offset so I had to make them a little wider. I can take pics to show what I mean.

gotcbr 09-03-2011 11:29 AM

Nice looking fairings. If you need any help w/ the split-seat conversion, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Good luck w/ your project(s)!

OZZY_F4 09-04-2011 04:41 AM

know how you feel had my fairings for a week or two know pulled my tail out to fit today un wrapped it to find a 2 inch gash in the paint work p###ed to say the least have to try and touch it up or something. wouldn`t be so bad if i had scrached it.