F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New F4i Owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 02:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New F4i Owner

Hey guys. I'm a new F4i owner and a new bike owner in general. I'm not new to riding bikes, but this is the first bike I've owned.

I was looking to buy a Jeep, but my friend talked me into buying a bike after he just got his 07 ZX10. Best decision ever. lol I pretty much searched around the clock for 5 days straight before my friend came across this F4i for sale right down the street from us on Easter. It's an 02 F4i that had only 1900 miles on it. It was bone stock and in showroom new condition. There's not a scratch on it. Not even a scratch or chip on the lower fairing behind the front tire. I went to check it out and as soon as I saw it , I went home to get the money. I owned the bike 20 minutes after looking at it. haha

It's an awesome bike. One of the most comfortable sport bikes I've ever sat on. And a very controllable bike too. The guy I got it from rode it 1900 miles in 8 years, and I already put 750 miles on it in 3 weeks. haha The only thing that I've done to it so far was put a D&D slip-on on it. It sounds great. Next up, a fender eliminator kit, because that thing really has to go. lol After that? Well, I'm sure money will be spent. haha

Somehow, I have no good pictures of her yet. And considering I have an $800 DSLR, that's pretty sad. ha So here's a couple crappy cell phone pics. I'm looking to enjoy this awesome bike for a long time.

Name:  downsized_0408001906.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  31.2 KB

Name:  downsized_0418001106.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  46.7 KB

Old 04-24-2010, 08:06 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Well man guess ill be the first to say welcome to the forum.... guys on here are killer and are more than willing to help u with pretty much u need information wise... make sure to take a good look at the forum rules...

one suggestion if you have a question try using the search button first if that fails then hit up the threads lol

anyway bike looks killer...

REALLY REALLY like that zx7r u got in ur pic lol

Old 04-24-2010, 08:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could just cut off all that bulky plastic, right under the key hole and signal mounts.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum dude!!

Congrats on the beautiful new bike.... it looks great, and sounds like it was a killer deal! If you wanted a bike that will last you a long.... long.... LONG time then you picked the right one, lol. F4i's are built like tanks...friggin bulletproof, and will keep running damn near forever, no joke!

Enjoy the new bike and ride safe!!

Old 04-24-2010, 09:10 AM

I hope you changed the fluids as soon as you got it. 1900 miles in 8 years? Bet he didn't keep up on maintenance.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome. I love your bike! Same colors as mine, but an F4i... pretty much the one that I would have to get if I ever decide to move on from this one..

What part of Jersey are you in? I'm actually headin to Joisey in a few hours.. lol

Old 04-24-2010, 09:43 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice bike. Seems to be a lot of under ridden F4is out there. The only problem I've seen with them is the owner usually wants the MSRP or close to it

Change the fluids and check the tire pressure. Soon as I got on mine, the front felt squirrely and sure enough almost -10 psi

Old 04-25-2010, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by zmds18
Well man guess ill be the first to say welcome to the forum.... guys on here are killer and are more than willing to help u with pretty much u need information wise... make sure to take a good look at the forum rules...

one suggestion if you have a question try using the search button first if that fails then hit up the threads lol

anyway bike looks killer...

REALLY REALLY like that zx7r u got in ur pic lol
Thanks man. Yeah, I was looking through this forum the day I got my bike and I saw how helpful everybody was. I'm actually a very frequent user on my GTO forum(I have a 04 Pontiac GTO) so I know all about the noobs and the search button. haha

Both the ZX's belong to my friend. Well, now just the ZX10. He just sold the 7 to our other friend for 1500 dollars. It just hit 10k miles. Great deal.

Originally Posted by skoobydoobie
You could just cut off all that bulky plastic, right under the key hole and signal mounts.
I actually thought about doing that, but then just said screw it and get the eliminator kit.

Originally Posted by thirdgenlxi
Welcome to the forum dude!!

Congrats on the beautiful new bike.... it looks great, and sounds like it was a killer deal! If you wanted a bike that will last you a long.... long.... LONG time then you picked the right one, lol. F4i's are built like tanks...friggin bulletproof, and will keep running damn near forever, no joke!

Enjoy the new bike and ride safe!!
Thanks dude! I said the same thing when I saw the video of your bike on YT. Then I just said holy **** when I saw that you were on here and noticed how many miles you have on your bike now. lol Thanks!

Originally Posted by teko1020
I hope you changed the fluids as soon as you got it. 1900 miles in 8 years? Bet he didn't keep up on maintenance.
Yeah, he said he did have one of the local shops do maintenance on it, but I still did it anyway. I think I am a little ocd when it comes to things like oil. haha

Originally Posted by Turbulenz
Welcome. I love your bike! Same colors as mine, but an F4i... pretty much the one that I would have to get if I ever decide to move on from this one..

What part of Jersey are you in? I'm actually headin to Joisey in a few hours.. lol
Thanks! I am in South Jersey. About 10 minutes outside of Philly.

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Nice bike. Seems to be a lot of under ridden F4is out there. The only problem I've seen with them is the owner usually wants the MSRP or close to it

Change the fluids and check the tire pressure. Soon as I got on mine, the front felt squirrely and sure enough almost -10 psi
Thanks! haha. I paid 5k for it. When I saw this bike, the year didn't even factor in for me. I saw the mileage and that I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between a F4i on a showroom floor 8 years ago and this one, I had to have this basically brand new bike.

The tire pressure was definitely checked. Still checked frequently, too.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:06 AM
Default welcome

welcome to the forum dude and congrats on the new bike
same color as mine but i have an 03 sounds like a great deal
but def check fluids and tires carefully but other than that
just grip twist lean and ride safe

Old 04-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi & welcome to CBRF!
GREAT deal on the F4i....congrats
Lots of F4i riders here so if you have any questions,check out the F4i forum.
Ride safe & enjoy the forum!

Quick Reply: New F4i Owner