F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New f4I owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New f4I owner

gotta 2000/01 f4i and mainly have a couple problems... I know the one is an error code where after you start the bike the FI light stays on constantly. The other is just the tach does not work. when you click over the key to on and the fuel pump goes the tach spits around like normal but then when started does nothing no matter what. third thing is my reserve light blinks repeatedly for the past couple days now even with a full tank? is that some sort of sensor or something? wire shorts anywhere causing this? I can find the light plug for my secondary/high beam light could this be causing issues as well? I'm in the beggining stages of troubleshooting but can take pix or w/e if u guys can help. thanks!

Old 04-08-2010, 07:41 PM

Well I havnt had a problem with the first two things you wrote but I also had the reserve light blink even with a full tank. I filled it up and it probably flshed at me fro around 35 40 miles and after that it finally shut off. So just wondering if you just filled it up and didnt drive it much. I dont know if that will work for you I just know that is what happend to me.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:48 PM

+1. the reserve light stays on until the sensor realizes that there is gas in the tank. it's not like the RR where you have a fuel gauge to tell you how much fuel you have, so it takes a while to shut itself off. the other two are pretty common problems, so i would search around here for a few threads on it! good luck boss, feel free to ask anymore questions, we tend to be a polite group.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to jump the diagnostic port under the seat and count how many times the FI light blinks (and whether they are fast blinks and/or slow blinks). It could just be a loose connection on one of the sensors.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:29 AM

I did a little reading when i turn the key i get the fi light blinking twice repetitively. That's either a loose vaccum hose(hoping so) or the map sensor. I also heard the tac not working could be beacuse its not gettin a neg./ ground from an ignition coil? and was thinking reserve flashing might have something to do with a sensor as well... besides that the bike runs really solid... now i just gotta put oem signals n license plate light on so it'll pass inspection.