CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   new f4i help (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/new-f4i-help-156821/)

drock295 11-16-2017 05:58 PM

new f4i help

picked up a 02 f4i off a fella who couldn't get it running again I bypassed the bas sensor by snipping the white wire and leaving it plugged in I have power to the relay that triggers when the kill switch turns on and off I grounded the single wire N.saftey switch have 2 ecus original and 06 ecu have extra new ignition and the relay that goes to the pump will not click when turning on any ideas as to what could be? if the fuel pump is dead the relay would still click correct? I plugged one of the ecus backwards at first by accident and got It to click but the fi light stayed on and the fuel pump still didn't turn on. any help would be appreciated I also have multiple relays I have switched back and forth

CaBaRet 11-16-2017 11:47 PM

Hi Drock, no need to cut any wire's , just unplug the BAS connector and bridge the 2 OUTER wires on the Harness side , a paper clip will do.

drock295 11-17-2017 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by CaBaRet (Post 1309321)
Hi Drock, no need to cut any wire's , just unplug the BAS connector and bridge the 2 OUTER wires on the Harness side , a paper clip will do.

So could be the problem even tho it turns over? I thought it wouldn't turn over if I bypassed it wrong? I can't get the fuel relay to click

CaBaRet 11-17-2017 11:22 AM

Hi ,got to remember some of these wires run on a circuit, if you cut one you breaking the circuit, join that wire up again and just bridge the outer 2 , green and the other red, that will bypass the BAS

drock295 11-17-2017 11:51 AM

That seemed to work I got the relay to click then few seconds later click and the other relay click when the kill switch moves but no pump prime so I'm guessing I need a new pump now which I have on order but I'll check the contacts in this pump while I wait thanks.

74demon 11-17-2017 12:06 PM

I've never heard that you snip the white wire to bypass the BAS. I've always known that you jump the outside wires on the connector together to bypass it.

drock295 11-17-2017 12:09 PM

Yeah I think I saw it somewhere and misread it I think k they snipped the white wire on the bas plug and tied the other two together so they wouldn't have to paper clip the outside wires and tape it up

CaBaRet 11-17-2017 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by drock295 (Post 1309331)
That seemed to work I got the relay to click then few seconds later click and the other relay click when the kill switch moves but no pump prime so I'm guessing I need a new pump now which I have on order but I'll check the contacts in this pump while I wait thanks.

Pump could be alright, by all means take the pump out and see if you can get it to run straight of the battery, BUT before you do that just check that green wire at the pump, they are suspect, and remember you can always borrow the headlight relay

drock295 11-17-2017 12:37 PM

I swore I had it priming off straight power before all I would do if ground wire to green wire and power wire to brown black? Or solid brown?

CaBaRet 11-17-2017 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by drock295 (Post 1309335)
I swore I had it priming off straight power before all I would do if ground wire to green wire and power wire to brown black? Or solid brown?

Yes just Green wire and Brown wire for the pump, the Brown/Black wire is Fuel reserve Sensor