F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New to F4i

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New to F4i

After reading review after review of how great this bike was, I had to test pilot one. Drove an 06 with 14k kms on it and ended up bringing it home with me. What a solid bike! Would have preferred the split seat model though so I could put a cap on it, get less hammer fists in the back from the girlfriend. ha

Q: How much coolant does it hold and anyway other than Engine Ice to run cooler? thx

I love this fu@king thing!

Last edited by camfan; 06-02-2010 at 08:00 PM. Reason: add question
Old 06-02-2010, 09:22 PM

The F4i is a historic bike it my eyes. "solid" is a great way to describe it. Congrats!

It should use all of 3 quarts including the reservoir.

I'm of the opinion that Engine Ice is no better than factory coolant. As for me, my coolant is a random mix of Honda coolant and Preston for no particular reason other than laziness. But it works just fine. Thats not to say Engine Ice is a bad product because most will report good things. However, any reduced temperature marketing on the bottle is negligible. For all practical purposes, Engine Ice doesn't best Honda coolant, in my opinion. It isn't overly expensive at $17 so if Engine Ice makes you happy than go for it.

Water Wetter is another option but again I don't think it really matters.

Enjoy to new ride!

Old 06-03-2010, 04:43 AM

thanks DBEAU,

We both know Engine Ice website claims ;

"Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant
is biodegradable, phosphate free & non-toxic; while reducing operating race temperatures by as much as 50°F and effectively keeping boil over temperatures to 256 °F or less and freeze-up protection to -27° F."

I guess there's only one way to find out. I will throw 3 quarts at it. I would be happy with even half of that claimed heat reduction. This thing runs ridiculously hot when you get stuck in traffic.

Has anyone got results close to this? It looks like a pain in the *** to change the coolant.
Thx