F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New Exhaust oppinion?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Exhaust oppinion?

Hey all, Im new here and Im 17 and have a 2006 CBR 600F to follow from my CBR 125r 2005.
Im on a restricted license so I need to stick to 33bhp for 2 years... My question is, what slip-on aftermarket exhaust do you recommend for my bike. I really like the look of the carbon fiber two brothers exhaust but I want a decent exhaust for a good sound more than anything as the power has to wait for 2 Years (Itching feet!)
I know Yoshi and Akra give good performance boosts but not sure about the sounds (and availability(hard to get a hold of in England)) as I haven't been able to compare to the two brothers. Does anyone have any experience of the two brothers slip-on's general quality and sound quality compared to something like a Scorpion slip-on, which I can get for the same price.
Also what are the Yoshi and Akra exaust's sound like are they any better than the others mentioned, and if possible can you put the 4 i've mentioned in order from 1-best to 4- not as good. Thanks for any replies, Tom.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to see another F4i across the pond. I personally have the Scorpion and love it. I'm cutting it down this winter to make it a little louder. As far as the power, the exhaust doesn't actually ADD power, if just is less restrictive, so if they look up your bike in some system, you can do all the mods you want, they'll just go by what stock is.

Where's Grimsby exactly? I was in Richmond last year (SW London)

Old 12-02-2010, 05:30 PM

Thanks for the reply Zero, would you say the scorpion sounds any better than the Two Brothers?
And I don't really wanna cut my exhaust down because personally I like the look of the longer exhaust, don't ask me why I just think it's cool haha.

And Grimsby is about 200 miles from london up along the north east coast (beach 5 mins walk from my home, but don't get exited it barely ever goes above 25 degrees centigrade here even in summer hah, british weather for you eh...)

Old 12-02-2010, 06:50 PM

Try searching youtube. A lot of people post videos of their new exhaust systems on there. Your computer speakers won't really do the sound justice but might be enough to get a rough comparison. Just a thought.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:07 PM

I also have a scorpion slip-on and I love it. I just cut mine down a few weeks ago just to get a better look and a bit louder. I loved it before I cut it down but now it's just mean. Favorite mod so far.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up Full Arrow here

I have a full Arrow system over here in Leeds, It sounds awsome and does not get too much attention from the plod.
If you want to hear it in person we could meet up at Sherburn one day when this snow melts.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Youtube probably is your best bet. But as far as overall win, Scorpion will be a safe bet.

Old 12-04-2010, 04:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Old 12-04-2010, 06:45 AM

Hey wizard, Im not insured on my new bike yet as I have to wait for a while but I may have to take you up on that offer when im insured.

And wizard how much did the full arrow system set you back? I can get the scorpion + end cap for £380 slip-on and the Two Brothers for £400 slip-on.

Bearing in mind that I have to stick below m 33BHP resriction (ARRGHH)

Old 12-04-2010, 08:33 AM

Isn't the 600f well over 33bhp already?
Very nice looking bikes, by the way!

Quick Reply: New Exhaust oppinion?