F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New Exhaust Installed - M4 High Mount

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Exhaust Installed - M4 High Mount

So, I placed the order with www.pipecity.com on 2/25/10 and it came to my door on 3/02/10 from TX to CO. I immediately opened the perfectly packed box that was shipped directly from M4 in Dallas, TX and it looked fairly easy to install. The installation instructions were kind of vague (no pics), but I managed to install it in about 25 minutes. I really can't believe a shop would charge 2 hours of labor - I mean really !!!

Took off the old exhaust without even having to remove the right fairing. I just removed the two bolts on the fairing by the stock exhaust and it gave me enough play to access the bolts by the header. Old exhaust came off in less than 5 minutes.

The new exhaust was very easy to install. I did have to remove the stock rear pegs as they provide extenders that bring them out about 4 inches to fit the new high mount pipe. The fit was perfect and easier than I had expected.

Turned on the bike and wow...I should have done this a long time ago !!! Sound is nice and deep and the appearance is great IMHO. No Power Commander is necessary as it does not pop when you let off the throttle and there is a nice smooth feel throughout the RPM's. I could not be happier!!!

Anyone need a stock exhaust pipe now? I will sell it for cheap!

2001 Honda CBR F4i:
Black fairings - eBay
Stock Silver Fuel Tank
Recovered the front and rear black seats - Custom Seat Creations
Mirrors with LED lights - eBay
Rear license plate eliminator
CBR logo'd rear tail lights
M4 High Mount Stainless Steel Exhaust - www.pipecity.com - $319 shipped to my door!!!

So here is my bike BEFORE the exhaust install:

Here is my AFTER the exhaust install:

Old 03-05-2010, 03:34 PM

I like those welds on the midpipe.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey i'll be the first to say it looks nice! Now CHOP IT and make a shorty!

Old 03-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Default Thanks! But need opinions on the silver tank...

My next project though is to possibly paint the tank black to match. Some people say it breaks up all of the black as the black Honda stickers on the tank make it match the rest of the bike. Or maybe I just put silver wheel stripes on it to make it match the tank. I just don't know, I need your opinions please!

Old 03-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks great.. you have me thinking about buying the stocker... for who knows why.. lol

Make a vid!

Old 03-05-2010, 04:18 PM

I say stick with the silver on the tank.... it looks really good with all the black plastics. A bit of silver rim tape would be cool though. maybe you could black powder coat on the side covers/pegs/rearsets?

Old 03-05-2010, 04:30 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

or you could save urselft some money undercoating ur rear pegs and rear sets... and just sand and paint your engine/stator cover reason i say this is because those covers will never see rock chips unless u lay it down and if u do powder coating isnt going to help....

Old 03-05-2010, 06:38 PM
DD1

looking good

Old 03-05-2010, 08:24 PM

The pipe looks super sick man love it!! But the midpipe I'm not so hot on, the welds just make it look...I don't how to say it but they break up the lines and really stick out to me...But that is just my opinion.

Have you thought about having the Midpipe ceramic coated? It's kinda like powdercoating for the exhaust and I think it would look sick as hell if that mid was ceramic coated black...Then with all the other black on the bike it would look like shiny stainless can is just floating up by your tail section.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:28 PM
Sprocket Hauler and Savior

I would have to agree with that last person the mid pipe looks as thou u welded that ur self in the drive way there. Ceramic coat would be great and there is alot of black. Not my taste but it looks good.

Quick Reply: New Exhaust Installed - M4 High Mount