F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New Exhaust!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Exhaust!!

Got my RT-1 high mount in yesterday afternoon and i tore open the box and got to work. I was nervous about the midpipe not having an O2 port, but i lucked out and there was one! Whew, no extra parts needed. Pretty simple and quick install and here she is.

Name:  CBR.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  34.3 KB

Sounds awesome, and i'm really happy. Something i noticed though this morning on the ride in to work, my heel hits the midpipe when i'm up on my toes like you're supposed to be. Not real sure how thats going to play out since the thing gets hot. Hopefully i dont wind up melting my boot heel. A buddy of mine said he had a carbon piece right there. Anybody have a similar issue, and how'd you resolve it? Might also have to change out the rear blinkers for some aftermarket ones. The right blinker there touches the can a little. Hasnt started to melt yet, but i'm kind of wondering...

Old 02-12-2009, 03:54 PM

congrats on the new exhaust. you should definitely change the blinkers. im pretty sure after awhile it will end up melting from the heat.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:29 PM

funny...my titanuim RT-1 is coming in tomorrow... Looks like your can should be angled up a little more though...is the blinker stopping it from being like that??

Old 02-12-2009, 08:14 PM

+1 to changing the blinkers. The exhaust looks awesome.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:41 PM

fender eliminator in the near future? sweet exhaust man looks great.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:39 PM

Yeah, I was wondering if you high mount shakes when you ride without the rear pegs.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Default pegs

Yea, rear pegs came off. There is a bracket that comes with the pipe that mounts where the right peg used to be. If you look real close you can see the holes drilled in the piece of metal. Yea, new rear blinkers are in the works. I'm looking for something to put back there. Havent really found much though, so maybe i'm looking in the wrong places.

As far as aftermarket rear pegs, do you have to go with aftermarket ones or do they have kits with longer bolts or something to move it out away from the can? The stock right peg is definitely out because it just doesnt work with the can right there.

Red, the can is at the angle it should be. I went back and looked and there really isnt much it can change. Kind of looks like the blinker is keeping the can down, but not the case. Just the angles of the pipe and how it all fits.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet titanium RT-1,looks awesome.
I don't think U have anything to worry about as far as the exhaust melting the rear blinkers. The titanium pipe stays cool even after riding for a few hours,just check it out when U get done riding

Quick Reply: New Exhaust!!