CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   New carbon parts need opinions (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/new-carbon-parts-need-opinions-113525/)

Indiana 07-09-2010 06:49 PM

New carbon parts need opinions

Hey everyone I need a bit of help here. I bought a carbon fiber fender for my bike (03' Silver & Black F4i), and it came in today. Let me first say I kind of have a slight case of OCD. That being said, I paid $165 bucks for it off the bay from Pit-eck, and it has a few issues that I want you guy's opinions on weather I am just being picky or if I should try, and return it for another. First off is that it has a few sets of bubbles that are pretty small, but if the light hits it right you can certainly see them which besides the way it looks also weakens the weave/fender. The second thing is that it will take some work to get it on since it does not accept factory hardware. I'm not to worried about that part, but the bubbles kinda tick me off a tad. I have emailed the seller, and they have a warrenty on all there parts so they will more then likely swap it out if I want. What do you guys think ?? I know it's kinda a shot in the dark since I don't have any pictures, but I cannot get it to show up on my camera. Help me out fellers !!

Indiana 07-09-2010 08:00 PM

Dang guys 46 views, and nobody has an opinion ??

chetman7 07-09-2010 08:41 PM

if your unhappy...send it back.......

fubbzie 07-09-2010 08:47 PM

As the company says, If it's not to the standards they say its supposed to be send it back and get a nicer one if you want to wait for it.

Turbulenz 07-09-2010 09:48 PM

If you are unhappy with it.. send it back.. thats all there is to it. Dont wait until after you have modified it to fit the factory stuff... then its too late. Contact them, tell them what happened... maybe they will look through their inventory to make sure that you get a perfect or at least 99% perfect one this time around. If you keep it, you will always be bothered by it.

Adam

Indiana 07-09-2010 10:04 PM

I guess I am just gonna wait, and see what Pit-Eck has to say. I'm sure they will swap it out for me since they offer a warrenty with all there products. It would be awfully nice if they would go through there inventory, and hand pick me one, but for the price I think they shouldn't have to do that. Hopefully I just got a bad one made late on a Friday evening or something ?

Zero1080 07-10-2010 08:04 PM

Strong possibility. I'd get a new one.

xjoewhitex 07-12-2010 12:49 AM

Usually if its something small and I can correct or over look it I keep it, if it bothers you and you can't fix it send it back no question.

Indiana 07-12-2010 10:59 AM

Well, I talked with the owner of the shop, and he is going to swap it out on his dime. He also said he would personally inspect the new fender before it gets shipped out. I am glad he is willing to make things right instead of being a chode. I will let you all know how things work out when the new fender comes in. This guy also sells carbon duct covers, and heel gaurds for our bikes. I have a set of heel guards on the way as well.

Lamar Vannoy 07-12-2010 12:02 PM

Does he have a website?