F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New 2006 CBR600F4i

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys,

I was finally able to pick up the bike and what a blast it is to ride! I had a old Yamaha Virago before that I was learning on and this is just a night and day difference.

I've ridden it about 100Km so far and the bike feels fast and stable. Next I'll go get a oil fiter for the oil change. I'll ride it until the 1000Km maintenance mark and do the rest of the maintenance item as well as change out the tires.

Thanks for all the info guys!

Michael

Old 06-28-2011, 03:22 PM

do be careful on those tires...as rubber ages it gets hard. Hard rubber doesn't stick at all like fresh rubber that's still soft

Old 06-28-2011, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by R Dub
Holly crap that is literally brand new! I put more than that on mine on Sunday alone. I don't understand why people go out and spend thousands of dollars on something and never use it. Oh well its a great find for you. The biggest concern is going to be the gas in the tank. If it's original gas it is bad and you need to get it out asap like before you even try to start the motor. I would unbolt the tank, lift it up, undo the fuel line and let all the old gas drain out (into a container of course) hook it back up and put new gas in it. You might want to put some seafoam in it as well. Then yes I would change the oil because it sat for so long. I would put conventional motorcycle oil in it for the first 500 miles or so then change it again. If it was me I would change it to synthetic. If the brakes feel good I don't think you need to change the fluid but you can always do it for peace of mind. The coolant is probably okay as well but if you want to change it out it is easy to do and fairly cheap. Get the premixed Honda coolant in the blue bottle. Like FoCoCBR said check those tires as they could be dry rotted and have flat spots.
This

and lets see those pics! Congrats on the purchase.