CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   New 01 CBR F4i, wanna go faster... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/new-01-cbr-f4i-wanna-go-faster-93582/)

dans03f4i 05-19-2009 08:58 PM

Pics of the beautiful girlfriend or I dont believe she exists :)

lanceg 05-19-2009 09:13 PM

you ask what's wrong with wanting to go faster? The bike you have goes in the neighborhood of 160mph, maybe i'm wrong but I assume you ride on the street so where and why do you need to go faster? If all you want is speed just put nitrous on it. The reason I went off on you is that twice this year, once with a guy i've worked with for about 10 years and once riding with a friend of a friend on a group ride, both these guys had ridden for awhile and were only worried about going faster not riding better and safer and both went down and now have small kids without their fathers. So yeah anybody that just talks about going faster deserves to be bashed IMHO.

but don't worry i've said my piece and i won't post in any of your threads again.

VTcbr 05-19-2009 09:53 PM

Yea Ryans you need to chill on wanting to go faster, seriously---an f4i is plenty fast (especially for you)

Ryans CBR 05-20-2009 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by dans03f4i (Post 786715)
Pics of the beautiful girlfriend or I dont believe she exists :)

I don't think she would approve... No, I know she wouldn't :D

Originally Posted by lanceg (Post 786723)
you ask what's wrong with wanting to go faster? The bike you have goes in the neighborhood of 160mph, maybe i'm wrong but I assume you ride on the street so where and why do you need to go faster? If all you want is speed just put nitrous on it. The reason I went off on you is that twice this year, once with a guy i've worked with for about 10 years and once riding with a friend of a friend on a group ride, both these guys had ridden for awhile and were only worried about going faster not riding better and safer and both went down and now have small kids without their fathers. So yeah anybody that just talks about going faster deserves to be bashed IMHO.

but don't worry i've said my piece and i won't post in any of your threads again.

I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm not looking to go 190 mph. But how many of us can honestly say we don't enjoy that 10-65 mph sprint while entering the freeway? I'm big into safety, full leathers every time, even passengers, and I don't skimp on gear either. I'm always asking my uncles and family friends for advice/tips on riding, they've got at least 30 years riding a piece.. And I'm not saying I don't want you to post in my threads, any point of view or perspective is welcome.

Originally Posted by VTcbr (Post 786740)
Yea Ryans you need to chill on wanting to go faster, seriously---an f4i is plenty fast (especially for you)

I'll try and chill, but it won't work. What's that supposed to mean?

VTcbr 05-20-2009 12:39 AM

Ryans your bike is fast enough (or maybe too fast) for your mentality. let it be son

jp_greenville13 05-20-2009 01:19 AM

THATS IT! SHE DOESN'T EXIST :P lol. Honstly though. I thought maybe the last two pages of this thread had finally gotten somewhere when he suggested pics. Now I'm incredibly disapointed.

Hangfire 05-20-2009 01:44 AM

Aww and now the posts are calming down some. Damn, can't have that, hmm.. ok, Beemers suck, everyone who thinks they need a liter bike is a squid, wd-40 is the best chain lube ever, pilot powers 2ct are crappy tires and synthetic oil is worthless, oh and loud pipes suck and 600 supersports are the best beginner bikes evah. Now, discuss!! <runs to get popcorn>

In all seriousness though, in case I missed it, did anyone actually answer the original question? You can't really do much that's going to give you a really noticeable power boost to modern sportbikes, least not that fiscally reasonable. A k&n filter, decent pipe, pc3 and some decent fully synthetic oil are about the best you can do without spending enough money to just get a faster bike. Usually you'll notice more speed gains from dropping cash on track days and rider training than performance parts, least that seems to have always held true with everyone I've ever rode with.

VTcbr 05-20-2009 02:24 AM

This "Ryans CBR" character is definately out of league by a long shot here. Who comes out and asks how to make a fuel injected 600 faster when they're inexperienced? Ryans, you should probably do us all a favor and flat out sell your bike-you give us all a bad name simply owning it.

Ryans CBR 05-20-2009 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13 (Post 786814)
THATS IT! SHE DOESN'T EXIST :P lol. Honstly though. I thought maybe the last two pages of this thread had finally gotten somewhere when he suggested pics. Now I'm incredibly disapointed.

Dang, you caught me, she's actually a picture I drew in 4th grade that I make out with twice a night...... :D

Originally Posted by Hangfire (Post 786820)
Aww and now the posts are calming down some. Damn, can't have that, hmm.. ok, Beemers suck, everyone who thinks they need a liter bike is a squid, wd-40 is the best chain lube ever, pilot powers 2ct are crappy tires and synthetic oil is worthless, oh and loud pipes suck and 600 supersports are the best beginner bikes evah. Now, discuss!! <runs to get popcorn>

In all seriousness though, in case I missed it, did anyone actually answer the original question? You can't really do much that's going to give you a really noticeable power boost to modern sportbikes, least not that fiscally reasonable. A k&n filter, decent pipe, pc3 and some decent fully synthetic oil are about the best you can do without spending enough money to just get a faster bike. Usually you'll notice more speed gains from dropping cash on track days and rider training than performance parts, least that seems to have always held true with everyone I've ever rode with.

The first two pages were pretty good, I got the info I needed. It's much easier to make random assumptions/accusations about people during keyboard crossfire situations than it is to actually help. People assume that because I don't have 1000 posts that I've never been on/near a bike in my life.

Originally Posted by VTcbr (Post 786830)
This "Ryans CBR" character is definately out of league by a long shot here. Who comes out and asks how to make a fuel injected 600 faster when they're inexperienced? Ryans, you should probably do us all a favor and flat out sell your bike-you give us all a bad name simply owning it.

I do, I've only owned bikes with carbs.
I'll consider it... oh wait, what some random person sitting behind their computer miles and miles away really has no bearing on what I do, or feel about myself or my situation. If someone comes up to me when I'm riding and says "hey, ain't you that darn dumb bimmer lovin' squid from CBRforums that's just so friggin stupit we tried and run you off????", I'll hang up my hat and call it a day. Until then I'll continue riding and trying to learn more about my new bike.

And VT: Lighten up, these are forums, nobody here really gives a d*mn what you say at the end of the day.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA280_.jpg

VTcbr 05-20-2009 07:46 AM

very true poser