F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

it never ends with me(56k warning)

Old 12-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default it never ends with me(56k warning)

well went out today with my wife to do some runnign around and looked over at my bike and saw a puddle of what i think is oil, feels like oil and smells liek oil. this bike has 2 miles on it and hasnt been driven since bringing it home from dealer. called them and they said bring it back in so they can look at it. heres a few pics, curious if this has happened to anyone else

Old 12-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Default RE: it never ends with me(56k warning)

might have put to much oil in it..since u just got it, dont worry bout gettin all heated up bout anything...take it right back and tell em to fix it NOW

Old 12-18-2006, 09:28 PM

I am pretty sure your pictures are HUGE! But as said if you just got it and its under warrenty let them fix it

Old 12-18-2006, 09:30 PM

lol i know pics are huge was anxious to get them up and didnt resize. ya i dont want to ride it and *** it up if its somethign else so im trailering it up to the dealer and gettign them to fix it. they were pretty cool when i call them and said get it up there so they can look at it and chk it out, grrrrrr i wanted to ride to it but yet again dilemma

Old 12-18-2006, 09:55 PM

That's normal. Happened on mine a few times. One of those 3 hoses is a crank case vent hose. To be sure, put your finger on the ends of each of those hoses at the bottom. If your finger gets oil on it, that's where it's coming from. Check oil level from the sight window (right side) while bike is perfectly upright and level to be sure.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:08 PM

ORIGINAL: dwhite645

That's normal. Happened on mine a few times. One of those 3 hoses is a crank case vent hose. To be sure, put your finger on the ends of each of those hoses at the bottom. If your finger gets oil on it, that's where it's coming from. Check oil level from the sight window (right side) while bike is perfectly upright and level to be sure.
ya i looked at hose and touched and felt oil and smelled it and everything. so u think i should bring it to the dealer just to be sure

Old 12-18-2006, 11:47 PM

i think every single new owner has had this issue, i have myself...those pipes there are overflow for your gas tank, oil, and coolant...so my suggestion would be to clean up the puddle...check your oil in the sight glass...assuming that its good, run it for like 15 min while keeping an ear and eye on it...if theres another puddle underneath it...and ur SURE its oil...then i would deff take it to the dealer...just make sure its not fuel or coolant before u take it back to the dealer and make a fool outta urself wen they tell u its nothing(like i did wen i went bak and freaked out cause one of my headlights was out...haha)

Old 12-19-2006, 01:20 AM

its a new bike and the dealer is willing to look at it... SO HAVE THEM LOOK AT IT. it has 2 miles on it, definitely worth a look. can't hurt, but may help if something is wrong...

Old 12-19-2006, 01:26 AM

ya i moved the bike and ran it and nothign has happened since then so ill wake up tomorrow and bring it to them. warranty is still there so might as well use it, friend of mine said his friend has same prob and they didnt tighten somethign down and over time had no oil and pretty much killed his motor, better to make a fool of myself than spend alot of money repairing

Old 12-19-2006, 02:25 AM

yea thats normal i asked about that exact same thing on here a couple days ago, but those pics were freakin HUGE i couldnt even tell what i was supposed to be looking at at first

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: it never ends with me(56k warning)