CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   need some help with a quick question (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/need-some-help-quick-question-114637/)

StEv3nS 08-01-2010 04:31 PM

need some help with a quick question

I have a '02 f4i and I need to put on a new right crankcase cover as i cracked it pulling a wheelie too far back. the question is, do i need a gasket and/or sealent when i do so, cause on the partlist i was looking at there's no gasket, and the shop i go to said no based on the same evidence. and is there anything else i should know about doing it cause i'm assuming its just gonna be pull the old cover off and put the new one on i hope. Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advace

115Degrees 08-01-2010 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by StEv3nS (Post 952850)
Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advace

Don't do wheelies.

StEv3nS 08-02-2010 01:03 PM

glad people are so clever on forums...i do them in safe places only as recreation, just becuase its scary for you, doesn't mean everyone can't do them. im not complaining about my bike breaking because i did a wheelie, i knew it was inevitable and it happens, just asking for a quick tip so i can fix it asap. not a smart ass remark from an immature child.

__Z__ 08-02-2010 01:06 PM

use blue rvt (aka gasket sealant) and call it a day (there is no gasket for that cover)..... btw the "glad people are so clever on forums" isnt going to get you very far on this forum

StEv3nS 08-02-2010 01:14 PM

thanks. didnt think there was a gasket, but i know there is on the older ones so i wanted to make sure.

115Degrees 08-02-2010 01:46 PM

Good comeback, I certainly learned my lesson. I'll be more careful next time so I don't offend the more sensitive among us.

joelacer 08-03-2010 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by StEv3nS (Post 952850)
Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advace

If you're so set on doing wheelies, you might want to look into buying a cage or race rails. You can find used ones pretty frequently on stuntlife.com.

vangill 08-03-2010 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by StEv3nS (Post 953094)
glad people are so clever on forums...i do them in safe places only as recreation, just becuase its scary for you, doesn't mean everyone can't do them. im not complaining about my bike breaking because i did a wheelie, i knew it was inevitable and it happens, just asking for a quick tip so i can fix it asap. not a smart ass remark from an immature child.

holy crap, if your gonna be like that how hard is it for you to just use some rtv or silicone on it to make a gasket, the same stuff you'd use on any other surface of a motor to seal for oil-the gray kind, yes you can use others and it will work fine too, or you can use the kind that honda makes, or you might not even run one if you dont want. its really not that hard.

just put a good bead around the egde before you bolt it up and let it sit over night and then ride it like normal

xjoewhitex 08-03-2010 08:28 PM

3 posts, and you've already lost respect on this forum. Well done, glad to see ya. xD

And thats not being clever, thats being straight up.