CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   In need of a picture (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/need-picture-127671/)

Zero1080 06-30-2011 11:40 PM

In need of a picture

I'm at a point now where I'm wiring stuff back up on my bike, and I need a picture.

It's of the starter relay, the one on my 05 right beside the battery on the left hand side if you're sitting on the bike. If the relay is sitting in it's 'place' (the little rubber grommet thing) and the two terminals are facing the left side of the bike, which side does the starter motor cable attach to, the left or the right? (meaning the cable that runs to the positive terminal of the battery is on the other)

Also, my relay fuse (little red wires with a whitish/yellow connecter) seems to be too short, short enough to where it looks like it'll be sitting on the battery. Is it supposed to go there?

Any pictures of that area will help! Thanks in advance!

nickp123 07-01-2011 08:53 AM

is all this stuff relatively the same on the 01-03s do you know? if so ill help you out.

Stu Pidasso 07-01-2011 09:59 AM

If all else fails you could try and use a voltmeter to check it out. If you do not havea volt meter I recommend going to even RadioShack and picking one up. They can cost an arm and a leg or they can be cheap, but the thing is they are indespensible when you are doing electrical work. I picked one up for $30 and it works just fine, it is not water proof and you do not see me running out doing highvoltage electrical repair, but it does just find for low voltage needs.

Zero1080 07-01-2011 07:25 PM

Nick, I would assume it is. Bike Bandit uses the same diagram.

Stu, that's something I've been considering picking up. I haven't needed one yet, and hopefully won't. Plus since I don't actually have power to my bike, yet I know the parts are functional, it wouldn't really help :P

nickp123 07-02-2011 01:51 AM

ok well i can throw up some pictures for you in the morning and hopefully theyll help

Zero1080 07-02-2011 07:45 PM

Thank you!

nickp123 07-03-2011 10:13 PM

sorry zero it rained all day so i couldnt get one for ya but it stopped now and i just got home from work so as soon as i get my lazy ass up ill post em.

Kuroshio 07-03-2011 10:22 PM

Ugh... trying to find pics I took of my 06's starter relay before I hacked into it to install my alarm. Dunno where I stored the pics tho.

Let some of these rum & cokes wear off and I may be able to locate them. If not, I can take a pic with the alarm spliced in tomorrow. Remove the alarm wire and it'll be stock from the dealer

manny04 07-04-2011 12:46 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I so know the feeling, and does it suck! Just took these hope any of them work for you:

Zero1080 07-05-2011 01:32 AM

^manny that helps a TON! thank you!