F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Need new stuff for my 06 grey and yellow f4i, undertail help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need new stuff for my 06 grey and yellow f4i, undertail help!!!

Alright kids, I wrecked my f4 looping a 50mph wheelie this summer (let the bashing begin) and after spending months of healing up and riding tons of bikes that I bought and sold this summer, nothing was as comfy to me as my f4. Sooo I started looking and found possibly one of the last f4i's in a dealership in ohio that was dirt cheap, zero miles on it, and it is on its way to the house. Sooo, I am looking for any of you out there that have had good luck with aftermarket parts. I already got a two bros carbon fiber blunted pipe on ebay for dirt cheap, so I couldn't pass on that. I am really looking to find good quality undertail with integrated signals that is preferbly color matched and easy to mount as this is a must, flush mounts for front or ideas on how to fill the hole if I go to integrated mirror signals, looking to know what aftermarket filter everyone has had the best luck with (bmc or k&n) and for velocity stacks as well. I am also looking for a good tank bra, love the second look tank skins but they are pricey, so I would love to see one on a similar bike before treading that water. My bike is a 2006 honda cbr600f4i in yellow and silver. Please post up pics, where you got your parts, and what they cost. The undertail is what I am mainly looking for at this point, and would love to see what people have, I have found a few on ebay but would love to hear from others if they are bright enough, easy install etc. I appreciate anyones help in advance!!!!

Old 11-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Default RE: Need new stuff for my 06 grey and yellow f4i, undertail help!!!

Also, I got some no cut frame sliders, but would love to see pics of race rails...I would love to have the best protection without having to cut my fairings....

Old 11-12-2007, 08:13 PM

i have an 02 f4i and i have the competition werkes fender eliminator, durable stainless steel, (i painted mine black) install instructions were kinda crappy, but install took about5 hours....start to finish......

i have LP racing flushmounts, IV's if i remember correctly, look great.......... two bros exhaust sounds great on the F4i's.... i think Targa is clearing out there tank bras, so id check into that...

Old 11-12-2007, 08:34 PM

Do your flush mounts run as park lights, any pics? Do they need any adapter to change the wattage out? Thanks for your post, good bump on the targas....just love the second look skins, wish I could find them discounted!!!

Old 11-12-2007, 09:13 PM

I actually just bought a second look tank skin, had one on my f4, and although pricey they look so good and work soooo well...

I would really like to find a quality paint color matched undertail!

Old 11-12-2007, 09:58 PM

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...F4i-Parts.aspx

Anyone else seen or heard of these coming out??? I love hotbodies and would love to see one of these!!!

Old 11-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats a SV taillgiht. I believe their all about the same. pick one with the tail light you prefer. NO-Cut sliders for a F4i are crap. Take your time n cut the hole for a quality set of sliders, Vortex or the likes. F**k a cage unless your gonna stunt, then forget about not damaging your bike. Stunting results in crashing, as you should have learned from the 50mph loop (nuff said). Stompgrips look good on em too.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:22 AM

Fo sho!!! Well, I may sell my no cut sliders, which is really hard for me to do as I dont want to cut brand new zero mileage fairings. It will make me cry. I guess the no cut would still work in case of a tip over or spill, but who knows. TRex reassured me that they are very durable and they have a lot of satisfied customers, however thats the guy selling....

I want an undertail that is going to look really really clean. Hotbodies have always looked good on the bikes I have seen.....nice bike in your signature, makes me have flashbacks of my old baby. I had a tygershark cage on my old f4 and it looked really good, till I wrecked it....[:@]

Old 11-13-2007, 01:07 PM

Well, haven't even seen my bike in person yet and I am already blowing all my money on accessories, worse than a crack addiction!!!

Sumofallparts are decent guys in that I have bought from them a few times and have had some really good buys and experiences. One of the guys I work with gave me a smoking deal on a ton of parts....

520 conversion kit with -1/+2 sprockets all vortex with teflon black coating, and a gold top of the line rg x ring chain, hopefully that will look good.
A second look tankskin cover
A speedohealer with plug and play harness for honda to keep my mileage right
K&N oil filters for free...
Yellow reflective rim stripes pre curved, (hopefully easier to install)
No cut frame sliders
two bros carbon exhaust
A vortex triple clamp cnc machined, looks pimp and makes the forks tough, no flex....

I am not worried about installing anything except for the triple clamp. I never would have bought one but he gave me like 70% off on it, much less deals on everything else. I have read in a lot of different forums they really help the front end feel bulletproof, and are much stronger with almost zero fork flex. I am considering selling it on ebay if the install is really a pain, and I don't want to mess up my brand new bike setup, but if it isn't bad I will definately keep. Anyone have any experience with these? All stock parts are supposed to fit without issue with it. If anyone has done this let me know!!!!

Old 11-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Banned

Well, haven't even seen my bike in person yet and I am already blowing all my money on accessories, worse than a crack addiction!!!
Well said.

Quick Reply: Need new stuff for my 06 grey and yellow f4i, undertail help!!!