F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Need help for new rear sprocket!!!

Old 12-23-2010, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help for new rear sprocket!!!

Hey. I recently asked about replacing my chain and sprockets on here and i decided to go for an EK 525 red chain for my 03 cbr f4i bike. Now, i was searching through for the sprockets and i just couldnt find what im looking for. What i want to get is a red Rear sprocket and also for it to be 48 tooth. The tricky part is that they reccomneded vortex for it and i like the vortex, it looks great BUT i started reading that "aluminum is NOT the way to go"." Steel is wayy better".I understand that steel will last longer and im dont really care about the weight ratio.I ride my bike daily when its not 30 -degrees outside. I like to wheelie every once in awhile and i like to go fast low end speeds. never really go past 60. I started searching for a steel red sprocket but couldnt find any.What do you guys think??Should i go with the Vortex cause i like it, its just the aluminum has bad reviews, or can anyone point me to red colored steel sprocket 48 teeth. I also heard of powdercoating it? if anyone can help me as to how its done, price range, do i get the steel sprocket silver and then powercoat it and if its durable and recommendable. Thanks alot!!

Old 12-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

have you tried something like this ?

Not sure what they are called in the states,
Supersprox Stealth Sprockets

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/moto...ontent_cat/175

http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo.a...rl=Alloy-Steel

Old 12-23-2010, 11:32 PM

Yea i did. They look nice, but im looking for red. Thats why steel sprocket is a problem for me, because i cant find a manufacturer that sells them in color except for silver, black, or gold.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:04 AM

Auto Zone sells Red Paint all day.
Its only a sprocket your going to replace it again so it don't have to be super durable.
It don't get allot of damage to it so you wont get allot of chips in it only thing you well need to watch out for is when you clean your chain.
If I was you I would get the sprocket you want clean all the oil off it primer it and paint it.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:11 AM
I Can't Sell On CBRF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just get a vortex aluminum sprocket. The rear sprocket wears out fast if you dont have the chain adjusted right. If you have the adjustments right then you wont have a problem. I stunt on a 54 vortex and its been good to me. And before that it was a 45 vortex on my f2. That sprocket had around 7k miles on it before the f2 got smashed.

The best scenario is to swap out all the sprockets and chain at the sametime so it wears the same.