F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

need help im lost and in shock

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help im lost and in shock

well i changed the oil in my bike yesterday and noticed a small leak so i took the fair on the right side of the bike off when looking for the leek i notice this read thing and then i relised it was a manual cam chain lifter i already purchased a stock one. first off hos do i ajust the manual and second it seems to be leaking oil?

Old 08-16-2006, 05:26 PM
Default RE: need help im lost and in shock

First, if it's leaking you are going to need to pull it off, clean everything and change the gasket.

After you get it all back together, back the nut off and back the bolt all the way out. Hear the clicking? You tighten it until the clicking just goes away. IIRC it's then about 1/4 turn more and tighten the lock nut without moving the bolt. Your done. You probably won't have to worry about it for a LONG time. Rev it a couple times to make sure it's not clicking and you are good. Sell the OEM CCT to someone who needs it.

Old 08-16-2006, 05:30 PM

do i have to take the tank off to ajust it needs ajusting cuase its ticking. and ill throw the stock unit on the classified section later

Old 08-16-2006, 05:53 PM

You don't have to remove it if you can carefully prop it up.

Old 08-16-2006, 07:31 PM

i give up. if any one in the albany ny area can do this i give them a few bucks to ajust my manual cct

Old 08-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's the hard part of the manual cctl, adjusting it...there are some good tutorials out there though...john can lead you to them!
hahahahh

Old 08-16-2006, 11:55 PM

danm dude you must be stoned 24/7! lol
not especially hard to do with the correct tools, id say crowsfoot, 1/4" long extension and an angle driver.

Old 08-17-2006, 02:02 PM

You want to run to Southern Indiana I'll do it for you.

CCT Replacement Tutorial: CBRWorld Link

Old 08-17-2006, 03:44 PM

well i changed the oil in my bike yesterday and noticed a small leak so i took the fair on the right side of the bike off when looking for the leek i notice this read thing and then i relised it was a manual cam chain lifter i already purchased a stock one. first off hos do i ajust the manual and second it seems to be leaking oil?
it looks like you're drunk when you type

Old 08-17-2006, 05:43 PM

ORIGINAL: five0addict

danm dude you must be stoned 24/7! lol
not especially hard to do with the correct tools, id say crowsfoot, 1/4" long extension and an angle driver.

well ge thanks but no. im in an apartment for school and well i can only have my small tool box and if i had my gear wrenches im sure that would help and it doesn’t help im working in a gravel parking lot.

and i had no clue it had a manual cct because when i bought the bike there was never any mention about a manual cct. i actually asked him if it was bad and he told me nope iv never had a problem with it so i was under the assumption the stock one was still in the bike, I was sort shocked to see it seeing as he listed all the other aftermarket parts.

and leveltwo i don’t appreciate posts that aren’t constructive thank u

and if u all really must know I had the laptop out by the bike while I was working

Quick Reply: need help im lost and in shock