CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   need help finding parts (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/need-help-finding-parts-132787/)

tchyclutch7 12-06-2011 11:54 PM

need help finding parts

Hey people i work a ton of hours and have tried to find websites with parts and just cant find anything. i'm trying not to get used fairings but i want something i don't have to do anything to but put on. the old owner dropped the bike and i have a single seat and no fairings. its a 01 600 f4i and i also need the rear peg bracket but that will most likely be an ebay buy but i've heard horror stories about plastics fitting. thanks for any feedback. i just need websites i can manage the rest.

steve0o09 12-07-2011 12:55 AM

yea i'd definately avoid buying any plastics off of ebay. i bought the front tire plastic and i've had to drill out the holes so that they are big enough to actually fit.

boredandstroked 12-07-2011 09:31 AM

Type "oem honda motorcycle parts" into yahoo or google and you'll get many websites with bolt on, no problem parts.

highercal 12-07-2011 01:25 PM

Honda CBR Fairings - CBR 600RR/1000RR Honda Fairings - CBRFairings.com

I've gotten 3 different sets from this site and all 3 fit like a glove. No drilling,no cutting,no nothing. Just bolt and go. That's it. It took me less than an hour to install all fairing parts. Just be sure you add in the heatshield material, although on my first set I forgot to add it and it still didn't melt. I actually have it my first set for sale, but it's rashed up. It would be good for a paint project. Let me know if your interested in my set....

tchyclutch7 12-07-2011 03:15 PM

if its a cheap set without cracks its a possibility. right now i have a race set that the old owner put on but the left and right fairings are cracked at the bottom and i don't feel like messing with it. so if its as simple as sanding and painting i'll price out paint. is the set complete?

highercal 12-07-2011 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by tchyclutch7 (Post 1117497)
if its a cheap set without cracks its a possibility. right now i have a race set that the old owner put on but the left and right fairings are cracked at the bottom and i don't feel like messing with it. so if its as simple as sanding and painting i'll price out paint. is the set complete?

Well theres no crack on em, only a small chip on the bottom of the right side fairing. You cant even notice it when its on the bike, however, YOU WILL need heat shield because the temporary heat shield i made is starting to fall off. Also, its only left/right and tail fairing. Im still using the front cowl. I'll take some pics and PM you pricing and more details.

Honda125 358 12-07-2011 03:28 PM

I would definitely go with Honda CBR Fairings - CBR 600RR/1000RR Honda Fairings - CBRFairings.com on that.

If you need passenger pegs, I've got some in my for sale (part out) thread

tchyclutch7 12-07-2011 06:47 PM

thats fine if its just the left right and tail as long as the tail is a split.

i do need both rear pegs and the left rear peg bracket. (sitting on the bike left)

also because of the holiday season i will not be able to do this deal until after the new year because of holiday season and my wife and i are expecting so we have to pay a few bills first. thanks

highercal 12-07-2011 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by tchyclutch7 (Post 1117538)
thats fine if its just the left right and tail as long as the tail is a split.

i do need both rear pegs and the left rear peg bracket. (sitting on the bike left)

also because of the holiday season i will not be able to do this deal until after the new year because of holiday season and my wife and i are expecting so we have to pay a few bills first. thanks

No worries, I prolly wont have time to ship anyways due to my job.

But yes it is a split tail as it came off a 02. Btw, its a repsol color set up and both the tail and right side fairing have road rash.