F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

need help for F4i

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help for F4i

hey guys i will be buying a 03 or 04 F4i in a month or 2 what i was wondering is how many miles does the engine last i mean i will be buying this bike and keep it for atleast 5yrs no matter what and will be using the bike on a daily basses like 1000 - 1500kms a month so plz guys tell me if F4i is the bike for me.

Do tell me the pros and cons of the bike and what to look when buying a used bike ???? what are things i have look after when maintaining my bike???? stuff like that be specific i would not mind reading, tell everything that is needed to know.

Maintaing the bike : Like all F4i's, the CCT (cam chain tensioner) rattles at about 5,700-6,000 RPMS...I have read that it needs to be replaced at 10k miles ???? what are the other things i have to look out for. as i live in INDIA i cant get it serviced from dealers there are guys from the states who do it here, parts availability will also be scares but will manage. need to know when and how the bike needs to b serviced so i know what the mech is doin ???

My Info
i have been riding a 250cc for a year and i am boared of it so now thought of upgrading to a 600cc
my way of riding is not predictable i dont stunt or anythin i just rip my bike where and when i get the chance to do so (wont rip untill i get a hang of it) as i have never ridden any 600cc but as for 250cc i have clocked 100mph on my bike. so me telling you guys a little bout my self can you guys tell if F4i is the bike for me.

Ps:
1: i also wanna knowwhat is the mileage i will get on it ???? take into account very slow riding like 50-60miles and fast riding as far the bike can go
2: can someone tell which crash cage to use and throw in some pics of F4i's having it on.
3: can some one plz tell me what's the top speed of F4i ?????
4: should i go for a steering damper ???? if yes which one i hate when the handle starts slapping around.

Thanx in advance

Old 04-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Default RE: need help for F4i

1. anywhere from 35-50 mpg....depends on how you ride it

3. 157 mph

4. Scotts damper

Old 04-05-2006, 05:27 PM

@snobrdrdan thanx man have been waiting to hear from you guys, tell me about maintainance and stuff ??? is the F4i value for money ?

Old 04-05-2006, 08:42 PM

The F4i is a bad *** bike... RR is cool too... but all your going to get here is opinion... Do some research dont expect to make your descision on other peoples opinions... All your questions can be answered the same way you found this web-site...

Old 04-06-2006, 02:36 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea the F4i is a fantastic all around 'does everything well' kinda bike. It's not as track oriented as the RR, but still extremely capable and much much more comfortable and ergo friendly for the long trips and daily commuting. Very reliable too! As for how long they last, well I've got just over 47,000 miles on mine (which I believe is 75,200 kms), and it still runs and rides like the day I bought it new... still smooth as glass, can barely even feel it running. Never had any problems with it... it's been great!!

Old 04-06-2006, 05:45 PM

unbelievable miles on your bike. that proves how reliable these bikes are being made. the companies that make these bikes know that if someone rides hard or stunts the bikes life is all in the upgrades and replacement parts they have to go through just to keep it on the street. the f4i is perfect to do your cruising and normal riding. I call it the sleeper bike if you go hardcore with it. the other bikes are set up to do the harder riding thats why it's simple to pick this bike if your not stunting and no tracks are to be found anywhere.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:43 PM

02 F4i here with close to 13K. Before i made my decision, relaibility of these bikes was a huge factor for me as well as performance!

Old 04-07-2006, 01:00 AM

does this bike make high speed crusing pleasurable ?????