F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

need help bad!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help bad!

ok so here is the deal...i bought a project bike (2003 f4i) and when i got it the front wire harness was all messed up(where the headlights,blinkers, angle sensor etc..plugs into the main harness), and i figured out where most of the wires go, but i had forgotten about the loose angle sensor wires( cuz the sensor wasnt hooked up) So i wanted to see how it ran today, and i took the wires and wrapped them around the stay. the bike fired up first try and sounded beautiful, but then i bumped the wires and the loose angel sensor wires touched and blew the fuse. i replaced the fuse and tryed starting it again with the wires so they wouldnt short but it woulnt start again. i know that it is the same circut as the fuel pump so i am just wondering if there is some sort of relay or something that i might have blown, because when i turn the key i hear the pump running but it doesnt seem like the bike gets gas. i need help!!!

Old 04-14-2011, 05:50 PM

does the pump prime and shut off or does it just prime and keep running and not turn off? Have you looked at the wiring diagram?

Old 04-14-2011, 07:16 PM

Could be ignition related......