F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Need Help - 2002 CBR600F4i Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help - 2002 CBR600F4i Issues

Hey guys, sorry to join your forum on a bad note, but the 02 F4i I had bought about 6 months back is has been out of commission for nearly 2 months now, and I just can't seem to figure out what is wrong with it. So let me get into more detail about the issues.

So, I start off by turning the ignition on, the tach does its self test, all the lights come on, headlights come on and my FI light comes on. I did the test, codes 1,2,4,9,12,14,15 all came on, so I cleared the MIL and now only 14 comes on - the No.3 Injector

The main issue is that the fuel pump is not priming and no fuel is getting to my injectors, I thought maybe the BAS was an issue, so I believe I did the bypass correctly.

Still the same issue, I thought weak battery, so I tried jumping from my car (car off, of course) and no luck. Pump is getting battery voltage across the brown wires on the plug, and the pump should be good.

Letting the battery trickle charge for the next 24 hours

and this bike WAS a stunt bike, so the harnesses have been tampered with, but I did buy the bike running. Bike was in a slight off when my brother hit a curb going about 20, but the bike landed in soft grass, and did fire up after the incident, and for a month after with no issues. This is the bike I purchased for him to use, and would like to get it running again.

If you need any other info, let me know, I can be pretty quick with responses when I am at work.

Any ideas, hints, solutions are greatly appreciated, wanna get this bike up and running along side mine as soon as possible. (sorry I'm a gixxer guy )

Old 07-25-2012, 07:21 AM

if you download the service manual and tested the connector as it stated and you get battery voltage for a few seconds.
its the brown and green wires, and if your fuel pump doesnt prime then replace it, i doubt anyone will tell you that it should still be good after not priming.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by RudyGT
if you download the service manual and tested the connector as it stated and you get battery voltage for a few seconds.
its the brown and green wires, and if your fuel pump doesnt prime then replace it, i doubt anyone will tell you that it should still be good after not priming.
I believe you are highly misguided on that. I'd need to test the pump by hardwiring it to the battery, to be sure.

I'll wait for someone who is experienced to chime in.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:50 PM

Pump runs just fine hardwired, the number 3 injector is indeed bad, no power getting to it. Would this cause the pump to not work and all injectors not to spray for combustion?

Old 07-27-2012, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Spook155
Pump is getting battery voltage across the brown wires on the plug.
so whats wrong, the pump works, but doesn't work? it is direct current maybe the polarity is wrong when you plug it in.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by RudyGT
so whats wrong, the pump works, but doesn't work? it is direct current maybe the polarity is wrong when you plug it in.
Seriously? You are quite dense and your knowledge on this subject is lacking.

I've got the situation handled, so no harm no foul.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:30 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Spook155
Seriously? You are quite dense and your knowledge on this subject is lacking.

I've got the situation handled, so no harm no foul.
Spook155,

Just say thanks & move on. No need to belittle someone who is trying to help.

I suggest your re-read the Forum Rules & Code of Conduct. You agreed to these when you joined. Respect goes along way in our community here, personal attacks do NOT & are not tolerated.

Since you've got it "handled", the thread is closed.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Resolved Problem submitted by Spook155:

The main harness was the issue, as the bike was previously stunted, and the harness was butchered in the process. Having eliminated the fuel pump, injector harness, fuel rail, and injectors as possible problems, the main harness swap worked. The bike has been up and running, solidly with zero issues for the past 6 months.