CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Need help! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/need-help-106046/)

nmutroy 02-14-2010 09:31 PM

Need help!

My friend has a bike...ummmmm...a Ninja, but we have a problem. He rode his bike through a small puddle during a rain storm and the bike died within the first 100 feet after. The bike will now start fine, but dies when throttle is given. What would cause this problem? I know i will get some help here, even though his is of another brand. Thanks guys!

vangill 02-14-2010 09:54 PM

thats gotta be more than a small puddle lol jk well, how long has it been? you prolly just got some electronics wet, like your plug cables could be arcing out. i had that happen to a 3000gt to me before when i got it wet bc of puddle. just dry everything off and give it some time-its prolly fine i dont think much water could get in the intake from a small puddle

nmutroy 02-14-2010 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by vangill (Post 883643)
thats gotta be more than a small puddle lol jk well, how long has it been? you prolly just got some electronics wet, like your plug cables could be arcing out. i had that happen to a 3000gt to me before when i got it wet bc of puddle. just dry everything off and give it some time-its prolly fine i dont think much water could get in the intake from a small puddle

Ok...so maybe this wasnt a "small" puddle, but it was something that he really shouldnt have gone through. It was in the middle of the road after a big rain storm. HE even said he had no business going through it. The bike did sit to the point where everything should have dried out, but the problem persists.

vangill 02-14-2010 10:02 PM

man, i dunno what to say, thats not fun, i was just giving you a hard time about the puddle. you might just have to try pulling it apart and drying stuff off inside.
will it run like its on 2 cylinders if you kinda coax it? or does it just die no matter what when anythrottle goes to it?

nmutroy 02-14-2010 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by vangill (Post 883646)
man, i dunno what to say, thats not fun, i was just giving you a hard time about the puddle. you might just have to try pulling it apart and drying stuff off inside.
will it run like its on 2 cylinders if you kinda coax it? or does it just die no matter what when anythrottle goes to it?

It idles perfectly fine, and he can ride it up to about 5 miles an hour and any other gas given over that it will stall out.

vangill 02-14-2010 10:15 PM

have you pulled the plugs? they might be wet, well not the plugs but the plug wires that go into the head

nmutroy 02-15-2010 10:24 AM

We havnt pulled the plugs yet....this happened last fall and the bike will still not run correctly. I was just wondering what would be causing this, as the bike has sat and should have been dry after the puddle incident. Obviously something got wet that shouldnt have, causing the bike to barely run now.

jondevos 02-15-2010 11:37 AM

Best bet is to just replace it with a cbr f4i. That should deff fix the problem.