F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Near-death experience. Want steering stabilizer asap

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 11:25 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to get a front end shimmy at high speeds on my old Yamaha. I eventually traced it down to the REAR wheel being out of balance and creating an oscillation through the frame.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:20 PM
July 2008 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OneFastGSR
I was going about 120 mph
I stopped here. Ride safer and **** like this won't happen.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:27 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Originally Posted by OneFastGSR
Kuroshio thanks for posting! I'm learning alot. Been riding a month before winter hit last year and the last 2 weeks. Never worked on a bike, Until a couple weeks ago I changed spark plugs, changed oil and tightened chain yesterday. Going to change anti-freeze and brake pads soon too. I been riding a bit with my older brother and his friends recently and they're real good they can ride wheelies down freeway at 120mph. Lol. Bike wheelies - YouTube Here's a clip I made when they were practicing 1st gear wheelies and such. They're real good at freeway stuff though more. I just been trying to get a feel for the bike I can lean the bike over and take turns at decent speeds and such atm. 1st gear power ups I can ride a small wheelie for like 3 seconds or so. (lol)
Barf. Pow pow power wheelies all day long. No skill, just crack the throttle and hold on. Do not mistake stuff like this for skill, and definitely don't aspire to be like them. You've been riding for a few months tops, and you're talking about cracking wheelies and snapping brake levers. Grow up and learn to ride properly so you can spare yourself from a hospital visit in the near future.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:51 PM

you have something mechanically wrong with the bike and changeing oil or tighting your chain type maintenance will not fix it. your riding style or learning to grip the bike less or more has nothing to do with what you have described, or getting a stearing stabilizer wont help with what your describing either.

some thing is wrong with the suspension set up, wheel bearings, head bearings or brake calipers hanging up...something of that nature. if your gonna be doing triple digit stunts and stuff before you get it fixed then make sure you video tape it. so your friends can put it on the faces of death movie or best gore . com. ........

you guys ever see the biker who hit the semi in the back at triple digit speeds on best gore? lol, head went through the back door of the semi and the driver drugg the biker like ten miles before he pulled over. he said he didnt know he was back there. dead dead...prolly had a tank slapper, lol

i make sure my bike is in perfect order before riding it like that, its just common sense. i ive ripped it open at triple digit speeds a couple times for fun. it would be plain stupid to do it when my bike is malfunctioning though. i laugh at people when they do stupid **** on bikes and get hurt....seriously. stunting on a well maintained bike is different than riding a bike when a bike is f'ed up....just plain stupid.

o, yeah, get a shop manual, look into the trouble shooting portion of the book and do a lot of praying. lol

Last edited by cBrentb; 04-18-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:09 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Aken
I stopped here. Ride safer and **** like this won't happen.
Plus, rule #5 in the CBRF guidelines says: "The use of the CBRForum to promote or engage in any illegal activity is strictly forbidden". 120 mph might be legal on the autobahn but nowhere I know of in the U.S on a public road.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:06 AM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
Plus, rule #5 in the CBRF guidelines says: "The use of the CBRForum to promote or engage in any illegal activity is strictly forbidden". 120 mph might be legal on the autobahn but nowhere I know of in the U.S on a public road.

He was giving us background info on how the problem occured.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:39 PM

yeah right ,lol... with all respect to everyone. correct me if im wrong but, from what read it says he did a fresh oil change got new levers and tightened the chain, then went to do wheelies and the wobble / tank slapper problem seemed to have gone away? ~so fresh~ like those things have anything to do with the problem. ok. lol. we got a dude in our group, he had the same problems and handled it about the same way. he rides an rr. we all say it stands for "road rash".

i put cash money on it being the suspesion set up or head bearing. specifically in the rebound damping, or loose/ damaged head stem bearing, or all three. happy riding everyone.

Last edited by cBrentb; 04-19-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:56 PM

jesus christ that is an eye opener, that and the taco bell crash is a wake up call, OP you should google motorcycle vs taco bell but the trailer is on the forums here https://cbrforum.com/forum/sights-n-...graphic-44930/

Old 04-19-2013, 09:31 PM

lol, yup thats the one.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:09 PM

P you should google motorcycle vs taco bell
Uh, yeah thats some pretty sick **** Chubs. Was that dude in the last pic holding a foot, or a giant taco?

On topic, to reiterate whats already been said, the F4i does not need any kind of steering stabilizer. I'd get that bike in for a full safety check ASAP.

Quick Reply: Near-death experience. Want steering stabilizer asap