F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My Silver/Black F4i w/ Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Silver/Black F4i w/ Pics

Hello All. I've been a member of the forum for about two years now.I used to have an F2 but i wrecked it and got an F4i. I wanted to take some time out to post some pictures and tell you all what I have done so far. And what I plan to do. I tried to polish the rim lip, swing arm, heel guards(were red when I bought the bike), and gas cap. I'm happy with them way they look even though they are not mirror like. I put polished bar ends that say CBR and a polished brake cap that say F4i. I put on flush mount turn signals along with integrated mirrors in the front and led peg signals in the back. Today i did the decals. I designed, cut, and installed my own decals from a black vinyl sheet. It also has a yoshimura slip on (came on the bike when I bought it). I also bought a seat cover for the passenger seat so my girl wont slide around(i read about it in this forum and it works real good).

I plan on adding HID's, better pegs(looking for something like stock ones), more decals by the passenger seat, i need a tire balancing (i think my weights fell off), oil change when season starts, new rotors, new air filter, i lost my gas overfill tube so i need a new one, chain and sprokets, and a new rubber seal for the shifter rod. I dont really have anything else plan as far as mods but if I think of anything else I will be sure to post pic's.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Default RE: My Silver/Black F4i w/ Pics

Nice looking bike... hey how did you polish the lip on the wheels been wanting to do that to my bike?

Old 01-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried to polish the rim lip, swing arm, heel guards(were red when I bought the bike), and gas cap. I'm happy with them way they look even though they are not mirror like.
Not a big fan of the mirror polishing myself ~ prefer a satin (brushed) finish. That looks greatthe way itis. Really good job on the vinyl; real nice. The bike looks good.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:53 PM

Love the integrated mirrors, may have to steal your idea and call it my own. Where did you get them?

Old 01-21-2009, 10:39 PM
July 2008 ROTM

I like the decals on the nose, reminds me of the RR series. Nice bike.

irule, the integrated mirrors can be had on Ebay.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where did u get thsoe leds on the passenger pegs?? thats cool espec for turn signals

Old 01-22-2009, 09:48 PM

Where did you get seat covers at ? I'm new and just bought mine on the 18th.
https://cbrforum.com/m_739257/tm.htm

The slidin' back and forth on the seat and rackin' me ***** on the tank is drivin' me nutz ! !

[:'(]

Old 01-22-2009, 11:52 PM

I am interested in grips like those that are on ebay, only I wanted to make sure that they are closed-end and have asked sellers. They replied 'yes' but it seems like yours are opened up for the bar ends. Did you put them on?

Old 01-23-2009, 01:38 PM

f3BikeR The grips I have are ProGrips, I had to cut the end out in order to put the bar ends.

NasTraDooMis I got the seat cover at triboseat.com I only got the passenger one but i'm pretty sure the driver one will work good.

chetman7 I did the pegs my self. I bought a 6 led strip from oznium.com and drilled the holes and installed myself.

irule The mirrors are from ebay.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:16 PM

how much for the leds and how hard was it to do yourself?

Quick Reply: My Silver/Black F4i w/ Pics