CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   My Ride (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/my-ride-123443/)

dveldtf4i 04-04-2011 01:35 PM

My Ride

3 Attachment(s)
So here's my new ride. It's a little rough around the edges, but I got it for free so I'm not complaining. 2003, has around 43000 miles on it. Right front fairing is busted up from a side swipe, left side has some scratches from being dropped. Dead battery and 4 month old gas (it's been sitting since December)

Pretty sure it's never had a valve adjustment. CCTL was changed 16k miles ago. Needs an oil change, new chain/sprockets, new battery. Maybe new spark plugs? Brake lines need to be flushed, probably cooling system needs to be flushed. The maintenance history is a little sketchy, but other than that I'm pretty sure it was a fairly well taken care of bike.

Not sure what performance mods have been done other than the yoshi exhaust (how do I tell if it's just a slip on or a full system? looks full to me, but not sure) Can't get the back seat off but I'm pretty sure there's not PC hooked up. Probably stock air filter (add that to my list of stuff to change)

Attachment 48907

Attachment 48908

Attachment 48909

kazspeed 04-04-2011 01:37 PM

Free? Sweet deal...

It has potential

regener8ed 04-04-2011 01:46 PM

heh, it don' get better than free....

AnthonyTxL 04-04-2011 01:47 PM

Free?! Can't complain there. Nice pick up either way.

Might as well change all the fluids then if in doubt of any.
Potential indeed.

Sick97SS 04-04-2011 02:14 PM

Free with only 43k!
that baby's finally just now breaking in.

I hate how the rubber on those yoshi clamps always rip and tear like that. Mine does it and drives me craaaAAAazzy.

So enlighten us, how'd you get a freebie like that?

dveldtf4i 04-04-2011 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sick97SS (Post 1034537)
Free with only 43k!
that baby's finally just now breaking in.

I hate how the rubber on those yoshi clamps always rip and tear like that. Mine does it and drives me craaaAAAazzy.

So enlighten us, how'd you get a freebie like that?

Heh. I got hit on my EX500 back in December and although it was mainly plastic damage, my insurance company totaled it. Good friend of mine (we've been friends for about 16 years or so) has been trying to sell his F4i since November because he's getting married, but hasn't had much luck (or hadn't been trying very hard, not sure which) He knows that things are tight for me financially, especially since the baby was born, and that putting gas in my truck has been killing me since my other bike got totaled and so he offered it up since it's just been sitting around and not being ridden.

So not completely free, I figure I'll pour about 700 into it, but still not a bad deal in the end.

Turbulenz 04-04-2011 08:35 PM

I wish someone would give me a free CBR.. lol

A little TLC and it will be good to go! great starting point..

dveldtf4i 04-04-2011 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Turbulenz (Post 1034680)
I wish someone would give me a free CBR.. lol

A little TLC and it will be good to go! great starting point..

We've been very good friends for a very long time and he's helping me out tremendously. I've been very lucky to have had such a good friend in my life.

As soon as I get my settlement check from the guy that hit me, I'll be rebuilding. Should be a fun project and I can't wait for the gas savings again.

mchl_daly 04-05-2011 02:13 AM

It's beautiful. Needs a turret though to shoot squirrels while you're riding.

nickp123 04-05-2011 02:24 AM

That dirty girl needs a bath. Awesome deal though, too bad there arent more people like your friend. And check out the headers when you take the fairings off. The welds and collectors should make it fairly clear whether its oem or not. Im sure your friend knows too.