CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   My new Mod ; ) (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/my-new-mod-114488/)

600F4inoober 07-29-2010 01:49 AM

My new Mod ; )

3 Attachment(s)
Bought the general sheets...some tracing paper and an exacto knife:icon_angel: Grips amazing on my knees. Couldnt have turned out better:)
Attachment 54458
Attachment 54459
Attachment 54460

DonnyBrago 07-29-2010 03:29 AM

Took me a while to spot what you had done, looks good!

Functional and subtle which makes a change.

heyitsmelam 07-29-2010 07:51 AM

looks good man, good job.

btw, did it have frame sliders? at least consider putting some in again, cuz that hole looks yucky

Sick97SS 07-29-2010 08:04 AM

looks good man! where did you get the sheets and how much mooola($)?

DBEAU 07-29-2010 09:45 AM

Is that the techspec snake skin stuff?

600F4inoober 07-29-2010 11:36 AM

Thanks guise. It is Tech Specs High Fusion which is much thinner than snakeskin. Sankeskin seemed a little to thick (.125) for me. The pictures really do not do this product justce. It lloks and FEELS great. The backing adhesive is reusable and does not leave any residue. I can literally peel it off and reuse anywhere. I have a sheet left over if I ever get creative. Heyitsmelam-Yes that hole and corner of the fairing as well as scuff is fugly. The bike was purchased with quite some scuffs but that one is my doing:icon_doh: It was literally the first day I got her and the front rim was bent and the tires were literally cheerios. I was making a 3mph turn in my complex and the rim and tire let out (as if there even was grip to begin with) and the bike fell on its side. Scuffed the stator cover and firing. So I got the feeling of disappointment out of the way and I promised myself I would never lay her down again:icon_wink: I actually think it helped me in my current riding bc Im very cautious to not let the bike touch the asphalt again! Well and plus it gives me a reason to paint my stator and clutch cover:icon_razz:

gotcbr 07-29-2010 11:45 AM

I like it. Good job.

600F4inoober 07-29-2010 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by gotcbr (Post 951827)
I like it. Good job.

Thanks Brosif!:icon_razz: I thought of overlaying the white CBR stickers on the front cowel with my leftover sheet but Im undecided if it would look bad. I dont know, theres just something about those white CBR stickers that doesnt sit well with me. To me, it makes the bike look "cheesey" for some reason. I go back and forth on whether to overlay them, leave them or just take them off all together! What do you guys think?!

F4ith 07-29-2010 12:37 PM

Looks good! Make a gas tank protector!

600F4inoober 07-29-2010 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by F4ith (Post 951836)
Looks good! Make a gas tank protector!

Funny you mention..even though I ordered the non precut sheets..it came with an outline on a pc of paper for the sides of the tank and actually came with a free cutout of a tank protector! TechSpec is a good company to buy from.