F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My new HK farings are in!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why does everyone go for flames on their bike with the hong kong kits.. i personally dont like it

Old 04-15-2010, 12:56 PM

because i like em and its my bike. i cant stand seing a bike with 100 diff stickers on it that the owner doesn't get paid a dime from those companies. to each his own. OHH YEAH i got it runnin again too. it seems i pushed one of the pins in that plug out like 1/4" and it wasn't making contact. i saw it at lunch. i guess it was just to dark for me to notice last night. now its 100% again and looks way better than that rattle can paint.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:59 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by NYKnick1015
why does everyone go for flames on their bike with the hong kong kits.. i personally dont like it
i hear ya nick im not a large fan of the flames myself but i guess to each his own right??????

hale im glad ur happy with the finished product... thats what matters most

Old 04-15-2010, 01:10 PM

thanx Z. I actually wanted to go all black but theres just to many of them out here. I've yet to see one like mine that was alot of what made my descision.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by james_hale2
thanx Z. I actually wanted to go all black but theres just to many of them out here. I've yet to see one like mine that was alot of what made my descision.

ur correct there are alot of all black ones out there my "Ferrari Project" build i was going to do all black or all red but steered away from it bc of all the black and red f4is.... now im doing a multi color scheme....

but u are right on not seeing any out there like urs... im yet to see another f4i with that scheme..

Old 04-15-2010, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by zmds18
ur correct there are alot of all black ones out there my "Ferrari Project" build i was going to do all black or all red but steered away from it bc of all the black and red f4is.... now im doing a multi color scheme....

but u are right on not seeing any out there like urs... im yet to see another f4i with that scheme..
yeah that ferrari design is nice. i just dont have that kinda time right now.(not that ide steal your ferrari idea) but i did get a laugh the other day when i was looking at the post with your rear sets. we got a guy that rides a duky i mean duccati that is always talkin about having the ferrari of bikes (he just has the horse sticker on his windscreen) and it would be f ing hillarios to see you pull up next to him and just shake your head.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:49 PM

ya i have a friend who paints cars thats going to shoot my fairings.... as for ur friend lol ya it would be.... my bike will be deceiving.... the most disticntive thing about the f4i is either its vents or its headlight and since ill have no visible headlights unless they are turned on people will have to make a double take in order to tell what it is.... bad part is some people will be fooled completely (even though ferrari doesnt make a bike)

u should show ur buddy some pics once i have mine done lol see how it goes

Old 04-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks pretty good James!....now about that D&D pipe........lol

Old 04-16-2010, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by hondajunkie
Looks pretty good James!....now about that D&D pipe........lol
hey now....i look at it as a safety feature. cars know im commin 3 miles down the road. but yeah now that the plastic is pretty the "muffler" looks pretty ugly lol.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by wrath
That looks killer, man !! I'm a huge fan of Flames (Esp. ghost).
Any thoughts on blackening the rear sets,heel guards and pegs.
I agree...........what do you think? dont mind the tank....its raining here so i havent cleaned up the greasy streaks i left all over it from the old plastics.

Attached Thumbnails My new HK farings are in!-dsc00695.jpg  

Quick Reply: My new HK farings are in!