F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

my new fast

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my new fast

ORIGINAL: Jaybird180

ORIGINAL: paintedblue

i've already looked into some pilot powers and got a pretty good price on them so come time and money i'll get those.
Don't hide it. Share the info. I'll need some new rubbers soon too.
i believe i actually found them on this site. some thread that was from brought back from the dead. anyway...go here.

https://www.compacc.com/category.cfm?Category=1252

on pilots are on sale. $240 shipped.

and if you care here's the ghost link - https://cbrforum.com/m_2843/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#2843

Old 05-31-2006, 01:46 PM

Nice silver and black bike paintedblue!

Old 05-31-2006, 03:08 PM

ORIGINAL: skeelo

Nice silver and black bike paintedblue!
thanks...actually just picked it up some new shoes.

Old 05-31-2006, 03:53 PM

I bought my '01 a little over a month ago...had the same noise. It was the CCT rattling, and I did replace it with a new automatic one. I did however expand the roll pin that holds the tip on in an attempt quiet things down even more. Worked great. I had read that tip here on the forum while I was researching the problem. Only reason that I tried it was that the CCT I took out wasn't bad.

Old 05-31-2006, 04:03 PM

how much did the automatic cct go for?

Old 05-31-2006, 04:07 PM

Don't remember exactly, but it was like 45~60 bucks.

Old 05-31-2006, 04:30 PM

see my issue is that it's rattling at 5k when riding. not at start up like what i'm reading is happening to most people who ended up replacing the CCT. is this the same thing? could it be something else?

Old 05-31-2006, 05:07 PM

Mine was like your's...no start-up noise, no noise at idle..etc. Mine started around 5000~5500 rpms. Drove me nuts when I was riding. Other F4i's in my area have had the same problem. All have been CCT noise. It's really not that bad of a job...I say go for it! Just takes some patience because theres no room to work...

Old 06-01-2006, 08:29 PM

turns out i need new tires after all.

i'm driving to work today and i'm about half way there when i start feeling the bike swaying. next thing i know someone drives up next to me and honks and points out that i have a flat rear tire. i was enjoying my new bike till it left me stranded on the side of the edens with a blown rear tire. i ended up on the inside lane so after i couldn't find anyone to come get me i had to play frogger to get to the exit on the other side, which was a challenge in itself bc i wasn't sure how the bike would handle especially when you have people coming at you at 70 mph. after calling people for 30 to 45 minutes i finally got a friend to come get me. funny thing is i bought new tires yesterday and then this **** happens. i haven't received them yet but it still pisses me off. since the one that blew was an OEM i think they were just too hard and a bump in the road put an end to it.

on the bright side i didn't have to pay someone to come get me and i didn't crash after it blew. so i'm glad for that. tire didn't make a sound when it went either...kinda weird.

Old 06-02-2006, 05:15 PM

Is there anything mechanically wrong by the rattling sound? or is it just the cct? like if i can deal with the rattling are there any other issues with it?

H

Quick Reply: my new fast