F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My new fairings

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 03:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My new fairings

did you set come fully painted with decals?

****, for 450, if it came just like that, i wouldn't mind doing a color change, and roll all new plastics.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:04 AM

vkhamphi,

I bought from skymotorparts. All the parts were packaged very securely and the paint was excellent.

Built B16a,

Yup, came fully painted just like that, and the decals are under the clearcoat.
I figured the same thing. For 450, I think I got a pretty sweet deal.

To the guys who asked about my fender or the side pieces, I would prefer to sell everything together. However, if I can't do that in the next week or two I will start selling pieces individually. Thanks y'all

Old 12-23-2007, 04:27 AM

theres another guy on ebay named timmy66666 or something, and he's selling similar sets.. but if you could vouch on this guy, i wouldn't mind trying them out.

how was the plastic material compared to stock? did the fairings seam thin, or cheap?

Old 12-26-2007, 04:42 PM

The fairings did not seem thin or cheap. They are actually quality pieces. The only thing that was off was that the rear cowl and the seat have a little too much room in between them for my taste.

For anybody who is interested in my stock fairings I have posted pictures of them here: http://picasaweb.google.com/farooq.m...airingsForSale

If you hit slideshow you will see them in high resolution.
I would prefer to sell everything together, but if I cannot do that, I will sell them individually.
Make me an offer!

Old 12-26-2007, 07:25 PM

yea my bike was backed into a few months ago and i'm now just fixin everything.. just got done taking the decals off today!

Old 12-26-2007, 08:34 PM

Nice! Is your bike an 05? It looks just like mine. I'll get some pics up soon enough. Just out of curiosity, what are frame sliders? Sorry, I'm kinda new to the whole sport bike thing.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:59 PM

i think it looks great, if it was a split seat it would be one awesome bike.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:34 AM

For 450 you got all that shipped! I need to change my fairings too. I went to honda and they said something around $2000 for a new set. Then some people told me that I can get them painted for $1200. I can't afford any of those numbers right now. And honestly I didn't think that I could get a new set for 450. Looks like you are totally happy and it really looks nice from the photos. Thanx for all the info

Old 12-27-2007, 02:01 AM

johnf4i,

My bike is an '04 but I don't think they changed from 04 through 06. So it's pretty much the same thing.

By the way frame sliders are best described as thick pegs, usually made of a plastic material, that bolt into your frame and stick out further than the bodywork and engine. They are designed so that if your bike falls over or you crash, they hit the ground, and not your frame or engine. In my opinion it's better to go with plastic or another material that has some give to it so that it can absorb the impact and allow the bike to "slide". There are some frame sliders made of metal but they are more prone to catching while the bike is still sliding and cause it to flip over. It's always a good idea to have frame sliders on a bike. Frame sliders for F4i's require you to cut holes in the side fairings, although there are some "no cut" frame sliders, but I have heard too many bad things about them (breaking off instead of protecting the bike). Hope that helps..

Old 12-27-2007, 02:10 AM

yeah those fairings are looking mighty fine. i have a 2004.. and starting in 2004 they went back to the single banana seat like the F2's..

for whatever reason, only 2001-2003 did the split seats, like the RR's..

anyways.. i have everything for my split seat conversion, i just haven't had time to do the body work, and repair a few scratches on my rear fairing. after looking at your plastics, i might just throw in the towel, and order this plastic set, but for a 2001-2003, and install all my **** at the same time.

as for frame sliders, its always good to have something plastic.. not only with they wear properly, they won't snag on solid objects and perform the way they're designed. the only "no cut" versions are for specific bikes.. i know for a fact the 1000RR is one, a few GIXXERs another.. but the F4i is a huge 2.5" hole in your side fairings.

im still seriously contemplating this plastic set.. they look real good.

i just hope the yellow set matches the yellow paint on my tank.. if it doesnt.. i don't know what im going to do.

Quick Reply: My new fairings