CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   My New Bike! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/my-new-bike-123352/)

F34Me? 04-02-2011 05:37 PM

My New Bike!

Hey all, I bought this bike today...

Login | Facebook

As you can see it needs a few things. Passenger seat, left shifter/rearset peg is broken off so I need a new assembly, fairings are a bit hammered but I will try to fix them up. The kid who had it did a flat black spray can job on it but I plan to sand it down and paint it pearl white with black wings and red decals. I will need decals, fairing bolts and a red windscreen would be awesome if they make them. Any help you guys can give me as far as the best place to get stuff or if you have stuff you can sell/trade please let me know.

nickp123 04-02-2011 06:00 PM

congrats and welcome. haha is it rideable with that rearset like that? seems a little dangerous. Ive thought about goin the matte black road but the white with black and red will def look better and be a little more interesting. bikebolts.com, oncycles.com, bikebandit.com, and of course theres always good ol ebay. Those sites should have you pretty well covered.

oldskool21 04-02-2011 06:08 PM

tru how much you pay,it doesnt look bad i kinda like the look,if u need ne parts let me kno

F34Me? 04-02-2011 06:26 PM

Thanks for the help. That bolt on the rearset is totally not safe, it was the first thing I noticed about the bike and I immediately felt unsafe about riding it, but I don't have $350 to blow on a new kit right now. Honestly I think the stock rearsets look nicer than any of the after market ones I have seen so far. I will try to find an OEM replacement.

I paid $1900 for it. But it needs new rubber as well. I think we both did alright on the deal.

nickp123 04-02-2011 07:15 PM

Whats the extent of the damage to the rearset? Would this work....

04-06 HONDA CBR 600 F4I LEFT REAR PEG BRACKET REARSET - eBay (item 300507718430 end time Apr-21-11 20:00:48 PDT)

F34Me? 04-02-2011 07:33 PM

I think that link is for the passenger rearset? I found plenty of those for a decent price. The only rider assembly I found was $99 and that seems like way too much to me!

oldskool21 04-02-2011 10:56 PM

do u need the passenger footpeg mount or the driver?

i have the left side passenger rear mount nd peg

F34Me? 04-03-2011 11:25 AM

I need the driver. If you look close in the picture at the driver rearset (where the shifter pedal is) you can see a big long bolt sticking out of it. The kid that owned it snapped the peg off along with the part of the bracket that holds the peg on so he just stuck a bolt there for a foot rest. The bolt is real easy to catch your pants on and I am a bit scared if I tip it in too far it may catch pavement (I have tipped in far enough to have my foot taken off a peg before, though not on this bike obviously). I can trim it shorter to prevent the second scenario but I would rather just get a new OEM piece!