F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

my new artfibras undertail

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my new artfibras undertail

I already have the stock undertail cut since I have a custom fender eliminator (bracket) installed at the moment. Any idea how the fitting would be with this undertail? You said you had to do alot of custom work...meaning it didn't quite fit exactly or what? Also did you have to paint it or you can order it pre-painted? Thanks!

Old 05-16-2007, 04:13 PM

Man, I wish I had seen this one before I put on my Hotbodies. I love it!

Old 05-16-2007, 06:14 PM

ORIGINAL: alekinci

no turning signals? interesting.
i hope you undertail budget came with "paying off the ticket fund."
in my undertail budget i included the price of doing the LED passenger peg turn signal mod, so thats why there are no signals hooked up right now. im planning on doing those tonight.

markonenin, you completely remove the stock undertray with this undertail, so that just the subframe is left. i had to make a small L-shaped bracket to attach the front of the undertail under the gas tank. i also had to drill 2 holes to mount it at the back of the subframe, and 4 holes to mount it to the bottom of the tail (where the plastic riviets are). i had to figure out how to mount the cable for the rear seat lock, but that was pretty easy, especially since the hole for the lock was drilled already.
the undertail came pre-painted. while its not a perfect color match, it is pretty damn close. i fabbed up a license plate mount today, very simple. however, if you have your undertray already trimmed, you may want to look into the pimpbikes.com undertail that a few people here have.

________
VOYEUR DORM

Last edited by axsys; 05-04-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:25 PM

Looks very nice! I'm doing a similar undertail from www.pimpbikes.com which retains the stock tail light. The "devils eye" undertail looked too retro to me.

I'm very interested about your led passenger peg turn signals. Please tell me where I can find out about them. Thanks!

Old 05-16-2007, 06:26 PM

yea.. i was planning to do the pegs as turning signals too but then i just forgot about it.
if you have some money left over i recommend getting clear led tail light. i bought mines for 40 bucks. they look hot as hell.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: markable

Looks very nice! I'm doing a similar undertail from www.pimpbikes.com which retains the stock tail light. The "devils eye" undertail looked too retro to me.

I'm very interested about your led passenger peg turn signals. Please tell me where I can find out about them. Thanks!
markable, theres a full tutorial here:

https://cbrforum.com/m_71835/tm.htm

very easy if you know how to drill, use wire taps, and glue.
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA

Old 05-16-2007, 07:17 PM

ORIGINAL: alekinci

yea.. i was planning to do the pegs as turning signals too but then i just forgot about it.
if you have some money left over i recommend getting clear led tail light. i bought mines for 40 bucks. they look hot as hell.
alekinci, since i have a red bike i plan on keeping my stock tail light. if i had another color then i would be all over a clear one. however, i am making a custom led tail light board to go inside the stock housing that has integrated turn signals as well. ill show some pictures of it when its all finished, which will be soon!
________
Vaporgenie

Old 05-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I keep hearing this mod is a pain in the a$$ to do on your own. I went the cheapskate route and trimmed the fender and plate holder. I also used the LED screws for the plate light. 15 bucks and a half hour.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that thing looks SWEET! like everyone else has already said.....i love the look of the stock brake light. i dont care much for the two dots for brake lights/turn signals.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:11 PM

custom tail light sounds interesting. i would love to see how that comes out

Quick Reply: my new artfibras undertail