CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   My minty mint F4i is now not so minty mint : ( Girl knocked it over and left it (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/my-minty-mint-f4i-now-not-so-minty-mint-girl-knocked-over-left-127225/)

600F4inoober 06-20-2011 07:18 PM

My minty mint F4i is now not so minty mint : ( Girl knocked it over and left it

Ya so for those of you that psuedo-know me, I am somewhat anal about the condition of my bike! Lets just say I wipe the whole bike down in ammonia free windex every day. Anyway, just when I have everything the way I want it (just painted the pegs black etc..) someone forever tainted my mistress! :icon_no:

Long story short...I was at a friends house doing some pool party day drinking and I specifically parked my bike off to the side, out of anyones way in the driveway. Almost everyone at this party knows its my bike. I decide to stay the night at the house (as I've been drinking copious amounts of alcohol) and I get a call at 2am from the owners wife that she went outside to lock the gates to their house and saw my bike on its side! I run out there and yup there it is sitting on its side, (non-kickstand side) horizontal against a 1 foot piece of wood sideing. I immediately pick it up and check the damage. THANK GOD no frame or tank scuff or exhaust scuff but it landed right on the fairing part where it bulges a bit over the F4i decal. It rubbed half the decal straight off and left a 3 inch horizontal crack from the impact.

My theory is this...at some point, some girl (bc no dude at this party would do that they are all good friends and if it happened they would come to me and would have at least picked the bike up) hopped on drunkenly and wham it goes down. She attepmted to pick it up (I found small hand prints on the tank..I mean ya..who attempts to pick up a bike by the tank? A girl thats who) and she couldnt pick it up so she just acted like nothing happened and left it like a wounded dog to bleed out. This is what cowards do.

Im furious....no one is fessing up

F34Me? 06-20-2011 07:30 PM

Damn man, that really sucks! I hope you have good insurance!

600F4inoober 06-20-2011 07:41 PM

Negitive..Liability only...

makes me want to sell the damn thing...I know I know...but really, I need to find a OEM red/black right side fairing thats used but mint...looks like I'll go fish (forever)

MeanGreenZ71 06-20-2011 08:52 PM

That sucks man.

redzintimidator 06-20-2011 09:35 PM

i replaced the front fender, front fairing, and right side after getting cut off and the driver drove off too. This was 2 years ago. Whopping total of $1400. I wanted to do it right, no one takes care of their fairings so i needed new to compliment my new appearance bike.

sucks man. Good luck on the quest.

cyclepartsnation.com was the cheapest site i could find for new OEM parts. Quick shipping too

NateDieselF4i 06-20-2011 09:44 PM

Sucks man. Sorry to hear. Lets see some photos of the damage

R Dub 06-20-2011 10:33 PM

Blake that is awful man. Hopefully someone owns up to it but chances are they won't. I hate how some people just have some much disrespect. I would search Ebay for a fairing in decent shape, slap it on there sell it and buy a RR like I told you to months ago. I'm real sorry to hear about this bud.

boredandstroked 06-21-2011 12:08 PM

Hello frame sliders......This is exactly what they'd have protected you from. If the fairing is just scratched then get it repainted.

Aken 06-21-2011 02:01 PM

Frame sliders will not always protect against these things. Besides, that's not their original function anyway.

Very sorry to hear you lost some minty. Unfortunately it's likely to happen at some point. Could've been worse! Now give me your exhaust.

highercal 06-21-2011 02:08 PM

Cbrfairing.com has great deals on fairings. And yes they sell individual fairings too.

sorry about your damage. I hate ppl that dont respect other ppls properties. Damn drunks! LOL