F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My Kryptonbulbs.com HID review.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Kryptonbulbs.com HID review.

So I got back in town and immediately installed my Kryptonbulbs 35w 5000k HID kit. Everything was packaged nicely and it seems like really good quality (not to mention slightly cheaper than DDM with supposedly REALLY good customer service).

Figured I'd show you guys where I mounted the ballasts and igniters... Basically I just zip tied the ballasts together and stuck them down in the front of the nose and then pushed the little igniter boxes to either side and they squeezed in nice and tight. Then I just zip tied them to whatever cables were around...it felt really secure and clean.

Anyway so I fired these things up and noticed that the high beam was a slightly yellower/OEM color which is was I wanted but the low beam was slightly white/bluer which I did not want. The difference is minor and I am satisfied with the results, but is this normal or is it maybe a cause of the high beam reflector being different?

PS I went ahead and ran both as low beams and lowered the high beam side...Gonna test it out tonight and try that. If I don't like it, I might try running the high beam like normal. If I'm still not satisfied I'll switch the high beam over to the low beam (due to the color difference) and run a halogen (slightly higher wattage) in the high beam.

I really could care less about appearance...I just want the best lighting possible but also I think the blue lights look cheap.

Anyway I'll get some better pictures up tonight.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Banned

Yep at night you can see the difference better. You can actually see a little yellow in the bottom of the high beam reflector and a slight blue on the low beam, the high beam is also seems brighter. I'm gonna try and send the low beam back.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How big are the ballasts? How much was it? URL? Moar info needed

I found the site.. They appear to be more expensive than DDM... Maybe I'm seeing something different.

Last edited by Turbulenz; 08-16-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Banned

It's cheaper with shipping. The ballasts are like the same size. There is a lot of info on the site. After a while at night the difference in color was ALMOSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT unnoticeable.

http://www.kryptonbulbs.com/

I mentioned in another thread that the owner also updates a lot on their sponsor/vendor page in the Yamaha forums.

Last edited by madman; 08-16-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:30 AM
Banned

DO NOT BUY FROM KRYPTONBULBS.COM

The guy hasn't shipped out orders for over a month. If you go to their site, for customer support, you have to register to a Yamaha forum. and guess what? The guy never answers any questions.

I have read across the internet that this, a while back, was a great company. But the owner is having personal issues and they are going downhill. I personally know 2 people who ordered kits 5 weeks ago, and have heard nothing from the place. I also know someone who just needs to switch out a ballast under warranty because it went bad, and the guy won't return any emails, calls, or anything.

DDM is bad, but this place is worse. BUYER BEWARE.

If you want good service, and want the ddm kits, go to sharhid.com

Old 08-17-2011, 06:47 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kazspeed
DO NOT BUY FROM KRYPTONBULBS.COM

The guy hasn't shipped out orders for over a month. If you go to their site, for customer support, you have to register to a Yamaha forum. and guess what? The guy never answers any questions.

I have read across the internet that this, a while back, was a great company. But the owner is having personal issues and they are going downhill. I personally know 2 people who ordered kits 5 weeks ago, and have heard nothing from the place. I also know someone who just needs to switch out a ballast under warranty because it went bad, and the guy won't return any emails, calls, or anything.

DDM is bad, but this place is worse. BUYER BEWARE.

If you want good service, and want the ddm kits, go to sharhid.com
I wonder if this is the same guy on my local forum that makes you sign up for the Yamaha site to order the shoty levers?
He said a 10 day guarentee for shipping and no one has received their orders and it has been over a month?

Old 08-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Banned

The guys website directs you to yamaha-forums.com. Is that bad business or what?

But not to make this a negative thread, your HID install looks great. Mine are in transit and hopefully will be doing the install this weekend.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Banned

I did not know all that.

I did know that he was having girl problems and upon looking at the forum he updated a post saying he was shipping all the orders over the weekend and was very sorry he fell back and yada yada.

That being said I was out of the country for a week and a half and in that time my order was placed, shipped and arrived just fine. I am very satisfied with the results although I do wish the color was slightly more yellow (I guess next time I'll get the 4300k).

Old 08-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Banned

Luckily I paid with PayPal and put in a claim against him. And guess what? He never responded to that either. Even PayPal was trying to contact him and he never commented, so I got a full refund.

This guy may have personal issues going on, but he shouldn't be taking peoples money if he can't fulfill the order.

But like I said, your HID's look good. I went for the 6000k 35w kit. Looks like you had a really clean install.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Banned

Oh and BTW for anyone reading kryptonbulbs distributes the same kits DDM has, as well as the place I bought sharphid.com

So if you buy a kit form any of these 3 places you are getting the same product.

Quick Reply: My Kryptonbulbs.com HID review.