F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My first mod is done

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 07:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My first mod is done

Yeah HIDs are awesome, helps you see better, definately makes you more visible to other people. If I didn't have HIDs I'd probably have way more close calls lol. So... <3 HIDs!

Old 07-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Banned

They look good Daemian, definitely worth having., Iput inmy HIDs in a year ago, and they have been great.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:46 PM

ORIGINAL: oodayvidoo

ORIGINAL: Daemian

where else man, EBAY! sellers name was flashplus

Here is his store
do u happen to know exactly which one u got from flashplus? i'm actually looking @ his store right now but dont know which ones to get?
+1

Also could you please write a little about installation - what needs to be done and how hard it is. The only thing that stops me from getting them is that I'm afraid I won't be able to install them, I am not the most handy guy

Old 08-12-2007, 11:11 PM

https://cbrforum.com/m_363323/mpage_.../tm.htm#363551

Here, Daffy. I just wrote this up. Different mounting option, but same idea. You can totally do this mod, I promise. Its very easy to do. Don't feel intimidated by it. Everyone here at this forum is here to help you out

Old 08-13-2007, 02:48 AM

not to hate too much on your new mod, and thread....

but after owning past halogen headlight cars, and doing HID retor's with real HID projectors, i'll never put a HID bulb in a halogen housing again. soon, i plan on doing a TSX projector HID retro, but i want to use one TSX, and one TL projector. the TSX is single xenon, and the TL is dual. (high beam).

right now i have the dual headlight mod with both headlights and H4's.. but i still want HID's again, as i do in all my cars. i only need 1 highbeam, just to flick the questionable drivers that flash me.

but again, not trying to hate soo much on your thread, but looking at behind the handle bars, your cut off might not look too bad, but belive me, there's a ton of glare 50-75 feet away.

you'll never get that out of a HID bulb in a halogen headlamp.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:41 AM

Built B16a: That looks freakin' sweet. I'm aware of the glare issue, and I kinda would like to put a projector housing into the headlight assembly. But I have no idea where to start. Any suggestions?

Old 08-13-2007, 11:01 AM

i don't have step by step.. but you bake the headlamps apart, and cut/modify the stock housing to accept this projector lens, and put it all back together. it DOES make a difference.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:06 PM

So maybe I should start at a junkyard and look for wrecked cars that have HID projector lenses, and buy them?

Old 08-14-2007, 02:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Daffy472

ORIGINAL: oodayvidoo

ORIGINAL: Daemian

where else man, EBAY! sellers name was flashplus

Here is his store
do u happen to know exactly which one u got from flashplus? i'm actually looking @ his store right now but dont know which ones to get?
+1

Also could you please write a little about installation - what needs to be done and how hard it is. The only thing that stops me from getting them is that I'm afraid I won't be able to install them, I am not the most handy guy

you can definately handle this mod, turst me if i can do it, you can. I have heard about retrofitting before, i agree that it is the right way to do it.
you can purchase the bulbs from any of flashplus's auctions then specifiy that you want h7 and the temo you want. (i got 6000k, 4300k is the most visible light, and 10,000k will be really really blue) its up to you what temp you get. if you are on the fence about this mod, just do it. you wont regret it

Old 08-14-2007, 04:57 AM

ORIGINAL: bufferedaspirin

So maybe I should start at a junkyard and look for wrecked cars that have HID projector lenses, and buy them?
i deffenetly would.. but another option is ebay.. TSX projectors FLY off the pages all day long on ebay. also, i bought my TSX kit from a seller on ebay for my Element prolly about 6 months ago, and i got everything for about 300 bucks. thats a hot deal... the seller name was HIDPARTS. i just checked, he doesn't have any items for sale right now, but if you emailed him, im sure he could get something setup for you.. maybe even buy it now, and give you a good deal.

i understand this is a more expencive route, but it pays off.. the lights in my element are night and day compared to the H4's it used to have. also, the cut off is amazing... thats why i feel "offended" when i see plug and play HID kits, and people say, the "cut off isn't too bad"... lol cuz it really is. at 50 feet, you can stare at my headlamps and not feel the least bit of glare.

anyways.. good luck. do it right.