F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My First Crash Story

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First Crash Story

Well with all the recent crashes being talked about I figured this would be a good time to tell my story,

Just as an intro I'll let you guys know I am new to the forum and the reason I am here is because after this accident I had my insurance price doubled and now I have to wait anotther 2 years till I am over 25 and my accidenet is off my record so I have alot of time on my hands and I am reading posts, getting new mod ideas and just keeping my passion going through the forum.

So lastJulyI was out with two of my buddies who were also noobs at the time.And I am going to have to confess, when I first got my bike and can honestly say that I have learned that Iwas definitely squidstatus minus the gixxer. We were out bombing on some backroad twisties, definitelytwo of us were riding way out of our skill level; first year of riding. My one buddy comes whizzing past me just a weare approaching a hill, I looked at my speedo and I was doing 155km/hr at this time.He gets over the hill and I dont see him anymore so I punch itto catch him,(my peice is bigger than yours type ofthing).When I get over the hill there was a huge turn at the bottom, and of course there he is with the back tire locked up and going down fast! So being that I'm doing at least 180km/hr by now I do the exact stupid thing he did and locked the back wheel! I thought I was going to run him over, and besides that fact ther is now way in hell i cuold take the corner at that speed. If I had more experience I wouldv'e been a little less hard on the rear and maybe used a bit more front? I dunno again I'm a noob.

Well he managed to keep the bike up until he hit the grass, than low sided and tumbled but he and the bike were just rashed a bit! I on the other handhigh sided! I went flying over the bars tumbled and slid on the pavement before hitting the grass. And my other buddy who was behind; smart one riding within his abilities, said my bike flipped twiceon the pavementbefore sliding to a stop about 3 feet away from me.

Well the bike was pretty mashed but luckily just the plastics. The frame and everything was OK. I thought I was OK just rashed upbut upon X-rays and MRI I had to dislocated 3vertabrea andhad hemoridged disk in my back.

So I spent some timegetting healed up and getting my back fixed up; (still messed up though) and of course getting her all fixed, found it to be a good time to give her a custom paint job and do some mods during the downtime. I will say this, I learned alot from this accident, were not invincible, we dont own these bikes they own us, anything can happen in a split second, and the minute you dont respect the ride, it will teach you a lesson. Fortunatley my buddy and Iwere one of the lucky ones. I ride within my skill level at all times, never get on her without my gear, and when I go out I always think about this crash and I never forget that I was given a second chance.

As I said in the beginning I am taking another 2 years off to wait for hte insurance to come down, my one buddy that didnt crash hasnt ridden since and the other one sold his bike, thank god he did because he is a squid for life, he came out of this even stupider and more squiddish.

Cheers boys

Old 09-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Default RE: My First Crash Story

That accident may have saved your life later on...it could have been much worse. And if you learned from it, so much the better. Wearing gear is like wearing your seat belt...it's just dumb not to and it can save you a lot of hurt in the long run.

Glad you're riding safe now. Hope everything heals up right.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:40 PM

WOW!!!! 150 K over a blind rise! You guys must have been nuts!!! Glad to hear that you're ok.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good that you are okay and aren't like your buddy who came out more stupid.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:53 AM
Banned

As I said in the beginning I am taking another 2 years off to wait for hte insurance to come down,
That is a good plan, the roads will be safer without you on them.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That was cold, Fish

Old 09-24-2007, 03:34 PM

you live for this type of thing, don't you "FISHFRYER". The name says it all.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

That is a good plan, the roads will be safer without you on them.
yes you may have learned your lesson but you can't deprive people of laying down the smackdown...you know...like an "i told you so" type of thing...muahahhahaha

Old 09-24-2007, 04:30 PM
Banned

you live for this type of thing, don't you "FISHFRYER". The name says it all.
I guess after reading so many posts about people crashing, I just was a little happy that he was taking time off. I guess it really wasn't to big of a complement.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And neither is your spelling. HA!

Quick Reply: My First Crash Story