F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My first CBR F4i

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first CBR F4i

Hi!

I just bought my first CBR F4i, and I need some advice about the fairing (I`m from Norway, so please ignore/think for your self if some words are spelled wrong.) on the bike.

My bike is a Honda CBR F4i 2001.

Where do i buy cheapest but best fairings?

I found some on eBay, but not sure that it fits. Would be nice if any of you would take a look at it and give me a hint if it is worth buying.

Here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HOT-H...spagenameZWDVW

Thanks for the help

Greetings from

VanTheMan!

Old 11-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Default RE: My first CBR F4i

Welcome to the forum, as for cheap fairings, you have found them on ebay. I don't know of the quality of them, after you get them let me know how they fit.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:26 PM

Hey,

I recently changed my fairings. I got an aftermarket fairing from ebay for $550 US. The quality is not that great. The color did not match my tank and I had to paint my tank to match the fairings. They break real easy if you apply pressure to make it fit. They do not fit that well but meh . . . they're cheap. If you can afford it, buy a high quality original fairing. If not, eby fairings will give you a lot of hard time and they dont fit that well . . . Be careful not to break them when forcing them to fit !!!!

Old 11-17-2008, 03:47 PM

Thx for the info.

The thing is, in Norway would cost me about 4 or maybe 5,000 USD +/- atm! (USD value in NOK is about 1/7 and it is about 30.000 +/- i think for a new fairing set.)
Its REALLY expensive to buy things here [:'(]

But i got time to figure out what to do, probably cant take my bike out for like..another 5/6 months.

How much do a complete new fairing set (with paint) cost in the US?
Maybe i can order original if its better price.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:37 PM

Try this seller on ebay. Ive been reading alot on here and have found a couple of forum members as well as people who have left feedback w/ our bikes, that seem to not have that much trouble with fitment.

http://stores.ebay.com/auctmarts1

Old 11-18-2008, 01:42 AM

Hey,

I'd say that original fairings would cost you around $1500 USD plus shipping. I'd say get it from ebay for cheap and play around with it and make it fit. It's a bit frustrating but mehhh . . . you save a lot. Paint quality is pretty good but it won't match your tank. Each seller has their own color. You can't trust those colors in the pictures. They turn out to be very different. So be prepared to paint your tank to match your fairings. Quality wise, it's not that great. I broke like 2 peices when I was trying to make them fit... So I dont think they'd last really long . . . .

Old 11-18-2008, 02:25 PM

Thanks for the help again I will let you know later what i decided to do.

Nice to be on the forum btw! Ive read a lot here already and can see its a lot of experience about bikes here!