CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   For my fellow F4i'ers to check out.. (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/my-fellow-f4iers-check-out-127091/)

manny04 06-17-2011 11:37 AM

For my fellow F4i'ers to check out..

5 Attachment(s)
Sup people! Jus repainted my bike red, have been wanting to for a while now and i finally got it all done, still waiting on the luimoto seat cover to compliment the paint job since the oem seat doesnt. Here's some pics tell me what you guys think!

ps
was going for that red and gold theme, painted the wheels gold a few months back for easier cleaning too from the regular flat black.

UPDATE: LuiMoto seat pics on pg.3 (post#22) for any 04-06 thinking of getting one.

sixxtoes 06-17-2011 11:54 AM

looks good

w4ffl3s 06-17-2011 01:13 PM

Looks good. Side fairings look a bit plain for my taste but colors are nice. Maybe add some custom decals/graphics to spice it up. Otherwise looks real nice, better then my rashed looking bike, ha.

nickp123 06-17-2011 01:52 PM

the red and gold looks real sick. Did you get it done or do it yourself? Im in the middle of painting my side and nose fairings a metallic gray and im leaving my tank and tail black. I want to do the same thing you did with the decals, just the cbr on the nose and the honda on the bottom. I was gonna skip the wing on the tank though but i kind of like how it looks on yours.

AnthonyTxL 06-17-2011 03:44 PM

I rarely see the red/gold theme around, but you pulled it off very nicely. Well done.

boredandstroked 06-17-2011 03:50 PM

I'll be dammed. I really thought when clicking on this thread I was going to want to post some jerk comment how I didn't like it, but I do. I really do.

LasVegasHarley 06-17-2011 03:54 PM

That looks very nice. Did you paint wheels yourself? What kind of paint did you use and how is the paint holding up on the wheels. I mean, is it still shiny and does it scratch easily.

manny04 06-17-2011 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by nickp123 (Post 1068667)
the red and gold looks real sick. Did you get it done or do it yourself? Im in the middle of painting my side and nose fairings a metallic gray and im leaving my tank and tail black. I want to do the same thing you did with the decals, just the cbr on the nose and the honda on the bottom. I was gonna skip the wing on the tank though but i kind of like how it looks on yours.

I did most of it (99.9%)..I sanded everything down at home first, then took it to my buddys body/collision shop where he has colorchips to every color on every car ever made almost. The wheels are Chryslers Inca Gold off the prowler and the red is Ferrari 323 color code Only red i liked.

Originally Posted by AnthonyTxL (Post 1068714)
I rarely see the red/gold theme around, but you pulled it off very nicely. Well done.

Thanks! As good as it looks im surprised its not more popular, I just know every time i go to a car or bike show and see a red car or bike with gold wheels its my favorite theme so its the one i went with.

Originally Posted by LasVegasHarley (Post 1068719)
That looks very nice. Did you paint wheels yourself? What kind of paint did you use and how is the paint holding up on the wheels. I mean, is it still shiny and does it scratch easily.

Yes I did, using my buddys sho supplys, everything from sand paper, airbrush gun, paint(both base and gloss) and some pointers from him, but defenetly wanted to have it done by myself jus to say i did at every bike night.lol

Its Chryslers Inca gold like i wrote earlier, its pretty quality paint from a body shop i jus cant remember the name of the huge automatic rack he has setup but its proffesional stuff, the paints gloss has held up pretty good + ive already waxed the wheels twice since i got em painted.

Number 1 reason i had to paint the wheels is because as we all know, the original flat black is a pain to clean off reall well, its just time consuming, now this way jus makes it soo much easier. I change my own tires and have already chip the wheel paint a little but nothing major. Gettting better at it! lol

manny04 06-17-2011 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked (Post 1068717)
I'll be dammed. I really thought when clicking on this thread I was going to want to post some jerk comment how I didn't like it, but I do. I really do.

lmao..Thanks man! Im glad i didn't disapoint you! lol

manny04 06-17-2011 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by nickp123 (Post 1068667)
"..I was gonna skip the wing on the tank though but i kind of like how it looks on yours.

Thats my favorite one!!